• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Detroiterpa93
      Hello there,
      This is my first time writing on the PA forum. I’ve been having really bad anxiety since the start of rotations and need some words of wisdom.
      I have been a very good student all my life. I maintained above a 3.5 GPA throughout my undergrad and I received As and Bs in all my classes though out my didactic year of PA school. I have passed all my EOREs and received good evaluations from my preceptors for the rotations I had so far,  but I feel like I forget everything I learned from my previous rotations and didactic year, thus, I feel dumb and I feel like a fraud.  I am currently on my 5th rotation (which is Cardiology) and I am still not feeling confident in myself and feel like I am no where close to being the PA I want to be.
      I grew up having ADHD and have taken various medication since I was young, but I feel like my medication no longer works because my anxiety is so bad that I can’t study during my down time. Also, my anxiety is affecting the way I think, communicate with peers and patients, and even sleep. I take medication for anxiety, but I do not want to increase the dose until I get my sleep problems taken care of.  I feel like I should take a step back and take care of my own health first, but I am so close to graduating and I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to start my career feeling burnt out and not getting nights of sleep because of feeling incompetent. Just looking for some advice.
      Thank you!
    • By Saverina
      Hello everyone! I am a pre-PA UCLA graduate looking for a PA to shadow in Los Angeles County and/or the South Bay area! I live around the South Bay but I am willing to drive anywhere in Los Angeles (or farther) to shadow a PA! Please let me know if any PA's in the area would be open for me to shadow them 🙂 Thank you!
    • By mliggett
      Hey all -- 
      New to the forum. I'm a post-BA student with a degree in Geography/Economics, where I focused on community development and the more sociological side of things... Years after my graduation, I decided to take the plunge into the medical field instead. I currently am an EMS worker with the goal to be involved with the Global Health field in the future (main interest in water/sanitation/infectious diseases, etc.).. Given the short background, my thought process is directed at doing a P.A. program with the hopes of being able to utilize that both domestically and abroad... 
      SO -- I suppose my main questions are: 
      1.) Does this seem like a good approach, given my main interest being in global health? I'm currently 29 -- so to try and backtrack at this point and attempt to go to Med School seems like an idea I'm being nudged away from... especially from physicians I've met en route at hospitals and others that I know. 
      Additionally -- I'm wondering if there are any sorts of databases that show P.A. programs with International Clinical Elective rotations? Going from site to site to try and find my best case scenario is becoming somewhat wasteful in terms of time utilization it seems. OR -- better yet, have you heard of any programs that seem to offer this opportunity and/or are the best types of programs for this interest?
      May seem like a pretty broad and rounded question, but thought maybe you all could offer some insight. Thanks a ton!

Michael 
    • By lmj1024
      Hello,
      I am a first year PA student at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio. I am from Michigan in the Metro-Detroit area and am hoping to come back to Michigan to do my clinical rotations starting in early September 2018. I will be living in the Metro-Detroit area so I am looking for rotations around that area or in Toledo, but I'm open to other ares in Michigan or Northern Ohio. If anyone knows of any rotation opportunities or preceptors that are taking PA students please let me know. Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    • By LeeMichelle
      Hello all, 
      My name is Michelle, an aspiring Physician Assistant. I am currently working on my CASPA application, and I would like to ask for your help. I am in need of a PA shadowing opportunity in the Los Angeles area. I have been reaching out to different websites and hospitals for an opportunity, but I've always been turned down. I hope you can help me find this opportunity. Thank you!    

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More