• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone that has applied, if possible try and make club hours if you haven't already. They can be extremely helpful in terms of preparing for your interview.

Club hours are held on Thursdays from 12:30-1:30pm in Harris Hall room 209. The first club meeting of 2016 will be in the first or second week of February. I will post when I know the date for sure.

As HarlemPA mentioned, prepare! Mock your interview out loud by yourself, with PAs you know, with family. You don't want to hear yourself say "your answers" out loud for the first time during the actual interview. Don't wait for the phone call to start preparing. Remember....preparation is the most effective way to reduce stress and anxiety!

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sam, 

What date does Club hours end?

The amount of individuals interviewed each year varies. There is no set number. They have had a much larger number of applications submitted this cycle as it's the first year it is being done through CASPA. There is no way to know how many individuals they will actually interview. Right now I believe there are interviews scheduled to be held on the 17th and well as the 24th of this month

I know that not all of the applicants are not on this forum but if you are and you have gotten a call for an interview or have already had your interview, can you let us know when you got the call, who called you, and other useful information? It's a bit frustrating to hear that people have already had their interviews when a lot of us didn't even know that they had started calling applicants.

@ tmpte100

I understand your frustration, however, the program cannot notify everyone the interviews have begun, only those who are being interviewed. Further, it is not expedient for interviewees to say who called them (they can mention their interview date if they want), but putting a staff or faculty member's name on this forum is not a wise move if you want to get in.

I know it's hard. I've been there. But we need to be careful in what we do. Your main source for prep are your mentors, PA student friends and so on. Keep at it.

As I always say, it's a journey, not a drive thru. Waiting (in suspense) is part of the process. 

I am a little confused what year would your class be starting and graduating for this cycle? From my understanding the CAPSA opens April 27th, 2016.

the incoming class that will be starting in August will graduate in January 2019. The CASPA reopens in April for the following class, the cohort that will start in August of 2017 and graduate in January 2020

Archived