• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this as well! Very happy! I'm waiting for one more transcript to be sent and then I'm submitting. Praying that I can do it before the end of the week. Have you completed all of the prereqs?

Yup, I actually did my undergrad at CCNY (BS in Bio) so I'm a bit overexcited..lol...How about you?

Just submitted myself. Any ideas on when we start hearing back? 

I read somewhere on the website that every applicant will get a notification in March regarding their status. They interview till June I think so there is going to be a long wait for us. However, I hope we hear early from them. 

@MaxPower. Nice! I'm currently taking A&P 1. I'm planning to take Micro over the Winter and A&P 2 in the Spring. On the website it says that you can only have 2 outstanding courses, but A&P 1&2 count as one. That, along with Micro makes 2 outstanding courses. I hope I'm okay to apply *fingers crossed*

I got the same email. It's going to be a long 3 months...

It sure will be. How are the prereq courses going? I'm also taking A&P1 and medical terminology at QCC...its not bad so far. Did you apply to downstate as well? I applied there also and wanted to apply to York but now they require the GRE :( 

The prereqs are going pretty good. A&P1 is nothing I haven't seen before. I'm also taking PSY 101 just bc most schools require it, so I want to be on the safe side. I'm kicking myself in the head for not taking it during undergrad. I've almost completed the application for Downstate, but I'm really hesitant to finish it until I know for sure that they will be granting a Masters degree. I'm actually taking the rest of my prereqs at York, and I spoke to the Pre-Health advisor and asked him why the GRE is now required, and all he could say is "because it's now a masters program." I won't be applying there either, and I think that this requirement will drastically limit the amount of applicants they will receive.

The prereqs are going pretty good. A&P1 is nothing I haven't seen before. I'm also taking PSY 101 just bc most schools require it, so I want to be on the safe side. I'm kicking myself in the head for not taking it during undergrad. I've almost completed the application for Downstate, but I'm really hesitant to finish it until I know for sure that they will be granting a Masters degree. I'm actually taking the rest of my prereqs at York, and I spoke to the Pre-Health advisor and asked him why the GRE is now required, and all he could say is "because it's now a masters program." I won't be applying there either, and I think that this requirement will drastically limit the amount of applicants they will receive.

Good to hear that classes are going well for you as well. I visited York in August and wanted to take A&P1, but there were issues with the bio department and it was much more expensive than the community college I'm in at the moment. The assistant from SUNY-Downstate stated that since I have applied already for the BS program, if the program transitions into an MS degree and if I get admitted, I will be allowed to continue and finish the program with a masters degree. So, I guess there is probably no harm applying there at the moment but waiting until the transition takes place is probably the better option.

Good luck with classes and hope we hear back from CCNY soon enough!! 

• 2 weeks later...

It sure will be. How are the prereq courses going? I'm also taking A&P1 and medical terminology at QCC...its not bad so far. Did you apply to downstate as well? I applied there also and wanted to apply to York but now they require the GRE :( 

I am taking Genetics at QCC. Who do you have for A&P1, I might have some material left from the classes.

I am taking Genetics at QCC. Who do you have for A&P1, I might have some material left from the classes.

I have Dr E for lab and K for lecture. I appreciate the help but Im doing fine so far.

How is genetics at QCC? All the best and I hope we hear back from the PA schools soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived