advice needed for PA-psych job consideration

Hi all,

I am an experienced PA in surgery, with about 13 years experience. I'm considering a move, and an interesting job that came up is in Psych. Ticks the boxes as far as schedule, flexibility, and lack of call. The last bit is key, and a main reason I'm thinking of switching. 

I have always had an interest in psych, and did two rotations in school. No direct psych experience in a clinical setting.

This job would give me a lot of autonomy, after training one-on-one with the psychiatrist. Pay is about 50$/hr, with option of seeing more patients/hr, and increasing $. Other benefits seem standard.

Anything in particular I should keep in mind? I interviewed, which I feel went well, and have a contact who works there to talk to, I was just seeking out some other opinions as to whether this seems fairly standard. 

I am interested in the field, like the (eventual) autonomy, and think I'd come to be very good at this.

All advice/input appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived