AWESOME free self-assessment CME...

Guest ERCat

So I noticed free self-assessment CME is extremely hard to come by. There are a few free ones provided by the AAPA, but not enough to make the 20 unit requirement.

The American Psychiatric Association's education website has a ton of free self assessment CME modules worth TWO UNITS each. They are interesting, quick, and easy to do. All you have to do is make a free account, add your free courses to your "shopping cart," select "self assessment" when it asks you what kind of credits you want...and then do the course.

The AAPA website has a convenient list of these activities so you don't have to search for them on the Psychiatric Association website. Just go to AAPA.org...then click on Learning Center. Then click on Self Assessment CME on the top left. Then you'll see a list of organizations that offer self assessment CME (99% of these charge hundreds of dollars). Scroll down to American Psychiatric Association and click on that. The first few require you buy a book to get the credits, but the majority of them can be done online for FREE!

I got all 20 units of my self assessment CME this week for free this way. 

Anyway, just thought you guys would like to know, in case you're in a situation like me where you don't have a lot of CME money.

So I noticed free self-assessment CME is extremely hard to come by. There are a few free ones provided by the AAPA, but not enough to make the 20 unit requirement.

The American Psychiatric Association's education website has a ton of free self assessment CME modules worth TWO UNITS each. They are interesting, quick, and easy to do. All you have to do is make a free account, add your free courses to your "shopping cart," select "self assessment" when it asks you what kind of credits you want...and then do the course.

The AAPA website has a convenient list of these activities so you don't have to search for them on the Psychiatric Association website. Just go to AAPA.org...then click on Learning Center. Then click on Self Assessment CME on the top left. Then you'll see a list of organizations that offer self assessment CME (99% of these charge hundreds of dollars). Scroll down to American Psychiatric Association and click on that. The first few require you buy a book to get the credits, but the majority of them can be done online for FREE!

I got all 20 units of my self assessment CME this week for free this way. 

Anyway, just thought you guys would like to know, in case you're in a situation like me where you don't have a lot of CME money.

I didn't see any option to join for free except for "medical student/resident" or maybe also "fellow".

how did you join for free? I am very interested in accessing this resource, thanks

Archived