Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey all!


I just completed a residency program and accepted a full-time position. I am in the process of accepting a PRN position as well in a different state (neighboring states). I'm trying to figure out the process. Can I have two separate state licenses with two separate supervising physicians? It seems like that would be fine, but I cant find any information on this and I dont want to start the process and later find out I have to do something completely different. Does anyone have any information on practicing in two states at once?



  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

Separate DEA numbers?  You're talking about state DEA, right?  Not all states have those...

every state has pa specific prescribing rules and the dea requires a different cert for each state. I have 2. call them to confirm if you like. I did before putting out the extra 731 dollars for a per diem position in another state.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked two states, have two state licenses and 2 DEA licenses.  The good news for one of the DEAs is I qualified to get it for no cost because of working at a tribe, but I could only use it at the clinic I worked in.  The other employer paid for my  DEA as they were my full time job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More