2015-2016 Rocky Mountain University Application Cycle

I wanted to start a thread for Rocky Mountain University in Provo.  It's a new PA school and I am hoping to get a little information regarding that application experience for last year's applicants and impressions from the year so far.  Also, has anyone else heard back from RMUoHP for this application cycle?  Best of luck to all the applicants! 

• 2 weeks later...

RMUoHP has officially extended an interview invitation to me today!  I was actually contacted by phone, which I found very impressive since other schools are only communicating by e-mail.  I am thrilled to be considered for their program.  I attended an info session there earlier and the campus is fresh and beautiful and the staff was so friendly and helpful. While this will be their second cohort for the PA program, their other programs and campuses have a great reputation and I am sure that this program will be no different.  Also, you can't beat the scenery.  Provo is nestled in the Rocky Mountains and is a fantastic location for anyone who loves the outdoors.  Good luck to all the applicants.  I can't wait to meet some of you at the interviews!

I will be interviewing at RMUoHP on October 30th!!! I am beyond excited for this opportunity and can't wait to see their campus and meet some other interviewees! I was so impressed that they took the time to call me to offer me an interview. It definitely makes their program stand out among the others! Good luck to everyone in the application process :)

Hello! I interviewed and was accepted to Rocky Mountain in Provo last year. I ended up turning them down as I was accepted at the University of Utah. That being said, I was extremely impressed with the program at Rocky Mountain. The staff is so genuine and kind, and the program director, David Payne is very well experienced. Though the program is still in it's infancy, I'm sure it will be great. If you get in there, it's a great option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the format of the interviews? Is there a group interview? How many interviews will there be? Any insight would be appreciated :)

The invitation says personal interviews and small group activities along w/ lunch and a chance to talk to current students. There are 16 interviewees I think every other friday for a while. I don't know how long.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to see that someone created this forum! I lived in Provo for a while while earning my undergrad. I loved it there and recently got a phone call to interview for Novemeber 6th. I also thought the phone call was a nice touch and they seemed genuinely excited to be calling me. I am excited to go to the interview this week! As far as I understand it, if you go to the afternoon session you will have lunch with the current students and then have 3 different types of interviews. One with the Program Director, a panel one and then a group activity. Let me know if any of you will be at the afternoon interviews this Friday!

I interviewed in the morning on 10/30 and just got the call at 4:00 pm today that I've been accepted!!!! I am so excited I can barely breathe!!!! Has anyone started a facebook page/group for the RMUoHP PA Class of 2018? If not, I'd be more than happy to start one! Good luck to those still interviewing - you will absolutely love this program. And I can't wait to meet all those who have been accepted :)

Thank you so much Adam! I'd say my best piece of advice would be to just be yourself. I know it sounds cliché, but the program faculty want to get to know the real you! It's a very casual and relaxed interview process, so that should help a bit with the pre-interview jitters. As far as preparing for the interview, it helped me to think about my motivation for going into this career and what interested me about Rocky Mountain's program. I also prepared some examples for how I handle stressful situations, situations in which I may be criticized, etc. But above all, just remember to answer honestly and show them who you really are! You will do great!! Feel free to private message me if you have any other specific questions or would like me to explain myself further :). Good luck to you!

Archived