My process for passing the PANCE

So I recently just passed the PANCE!!! What a huge weight off my shoulders. Anyways here is what I did to prepare. During my clinical rotations, each rotation was 6 weeks. I spent the first 3 weeks spot studying what they would pimp me on during the day and then the last 3 weeks studying for the EOR exam. I started to really study for the PANCE about 2.5 months from my PANCE test date. 

I passed all my EOR tests with the raw scores around 76.

Packrat before clinical rotations was 135

Packrat after clinical rotations 170

I used pancemaster with scores between 70-90%. Questions get very repetitive and thus higher scores!

I used Rosh Review which I would absolutely recommend with scores between 60-80%!!! By far my favorite question bank!

I used Kaplan question bank with scores typically around 75%.

I used exam master with scores from 55-75%. 

After graduating I took 3 weeks to study. My program brought in a guy to do 3 days of review over everything after we graduated (I did not find this helpful at all). I mainly used PANCE prep pearls, and the NCCPA book. The 3 weeks was way to LONG!!!!! By the end I was so burned out! So I would suggest that if you have shown no signs of failing during your didactic and clinical year do not take longer than 2 weeks to study. After the exam I came to the conclusion that any extra studying or spending another week or 2 studying would not have changed the outcome at all. You either know the questions or you don't.

Hope this helps! As far as I know there has been only one person that has failed out of my class so far. But this person also had some life changing events prior to taking the exam. 

Thanks for sharing. The earliest I could take my PANCE is in October, which gives me a total of 2 months. Studied the NCPPA book and their online questions, a bunch of Packrats, reviewed answers. I'm already very burnt out. I spent the past few days doing nothing. Makes me feel guilty, but will start on the Qbank next.

Archived