personal statements advice- rough draft

We see are loved ones rapidly deteriorating from horrible diseases throughout are lives but we are standing in the background with no authority over what happens. I have seen my grandfather die from alcoholism, my aunt die from leukemia, and my grandmother fighting against stage 4 cancer. I had to witness all these events and watch as they fought for their lives, as the physician assistants fought for their lives. While in the background watching and observing the physician assistants I saw the passion and commitment they had to their patients. Fighting for them as if they were their own family. All of these physician assistants were fighting for my family like they were part of us. Being a PA would give me the opportunity to fight for these lives just like my family’s lives were fought for.

My first transition into the health care system was becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant. This was my first test on whether or not I could handle the obstacles and tasks involved with working in the medical field. I was very nervous at first because I had always wanted to be a part of the medical field but what if I didn’t like it. It didn’t come as much of a surprise that I loved working as a Certified Nursing Assistant. I was able to be part of most of the resident’s lives and care for them as if they were my own family. Also the residents treated me like family asking if I wanted to go out dancing or take a trip to go shopping with them. Even though these were unrealistic requests it showed me that I was caring for them like my own family. Although it was simple daily activities I would assist them in, it verified that the choice I made to be in the medical field was the right one.

I realized that being a Certified Nursing Assistant was a demanding job but I never fully understood until I was in the field. This job is long hours on your feet every minute of your shift but after that shift is over no matter how hard it was you can look back and see the difference you made for the residents you were caring for. It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life being a Certified Nursing Assistant. Being a PA is no easy task either; it is a very demanding and stressful job. However, I have dealt with as a Certified Nursing Assistant and becoming a PA is something that I will not give up on.

Throughout my experiences I have found that medicine is a huge part of my life and drives me to become a great physician assistant. I put my heart into my job as a CNA and care for my residents like they are my own family. I want to be there to fight for my patients and treat them with the passion and commitment that was showed to my family members.

Archived