2015-2016 cycle

Distance of rotations?  How do the faculty seem?  Dress code for class days? The assortment of clinical rotation types?  Any TBL during the didactic year?  Cheap to live out there?  I have several decisions coming up and my interview here is pretty far away still!

I will answer as best as I can based on my understanding...

For rotations they have you list your top 3 locations and then if you choose to stay in that area for all of your rotations that is an option.  I see that you are from the Pittsburgh area so in theory you would be able to go their for your rotations if they approve of the sites

The faculty seemed very down-to-earth, but also dedicated to the program.  It seemed pretty obvious that they want you to do well and succeed with their program. In talking with the current students, the faculty has an open door policy for asking questions or needing clarification.

Dress code is business casual for class days and they said something about allowing jeans, however I can't remember if it is every Friday or if it was once a month.

Clinical rotations are the same ones that are required for every school.  They use a system based approach to teaching.  I can't speak to the cost of living because they haven't provided us with a list of options for housing. Although the current students said that rent is typically 450-500/mth and then you have utilities and personal things also.

Hopefully this helps to clarify some things.  Again this is just my understanding of how the program works as someone that is not a current student I can only offer what I actually understood from my interview day!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I hope it goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Pdom73! To answer your question my prerequisites have already been completed, but I'm sure that doesn't matter. I got an interview from a different school last cycle with courses that were pending. I bet you're good to go. :]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Is anyone interviewing tomorrow? I will be there. I'm in town now, and Marietta is a beautiful place. I could really see myself living here. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I hope we all make it :]

Hi Emyc63! I'm staying in Marietta tonight as well. I am in love with this place. It is so beautiful and the people are quite friendly. Good luck tomorrow! Do you have a morning or afternoon slot?

Hi Emyc63! I'm staying in Marietta tonight as well. I am in love with this place. It is so beautiful and the people are quite friendly. Good luck tomorrow! Do you have a morning or afternoon slot?

Hello Emkay! I have an afternoon slot at noon. Staying at the Microtel here in Marietta. Good luck to you tomorrow! What time are you interviewing? Knock em' dead :]

Hello Emkay! I have an afternoon slot at noon. Staying at the Microtel here in Marietta. Good luck to you tomorrow! What time are you interviewing? Knock em' dead :]

Hey Emyc63, I have an interview there in January, and I was thinking about staying at the Microtel. Is it nice? Would you recommend it? And I hope your interview goes well!

I am also staying at the Microtel! Haha. Seems to be a popular choice. My slot is at noon, too. Thanks for the well wishes! Good luck to you, too!

Hey Emyc63, I have an interview there in January, and I was thinking about staying at the Microtel. Is it nice? Would you recommend it? And I hope your interview goes well!

I'm also at the Microtel. It is a very nice place. The rooms look brand new. I was surprised at how tiny my room is, but then I remembered it is called a "Micro" tel and thought that should have been my first clue. haha. Overall very nice place and the staff is quite friendly! 

Hey Pdom73,

I highly recommend this hotel. Yes, it is tiny, but very clean. There's free breakfast every morning from 6-10 am, a microwave in the room, a mini fridge, an HD TV with all of the movie channels (HBO, etc.), and very kind staff. Give it a try when you come here. Good luck on your interview!

How did the interviews go? Does anyone know how many applications were received by the program this cycle?

Hey there bdew12,

The interviews went great. The faculty is so kind and very funny. The campus is so beautiful. I believe the program director said there were between 800-900 applicants this cycle. Are you interviewing? If so, best of luck to you! Knock it out of the park! :)

It all rounded out nicely, the group interview format was a little different but I think they just want to see your personality in the end. Nice facility there and the faculty seemed good, but the clinical situation the second year came across as lackluster, sounded like an excessive amount of traveling would be involved compared to other programs and overall at 133k this program should really be cheaper.

From what I remember them saying about the clinical year is that students normally have a pretty good shot at getting to choose where they wish to complete their rotations. They like you to be within a closer range, however, since you will have to return to the campus after each 5 week rotation for testing. They stressed that they will work hard to help you get the experiences you'd like! Also, the 133k cost of the program is estimated on the high end, that way students are able to access more than enough loan money rather than not enough. I think it's pretty possible to keep the cost of attendance lower than that estimate, but it definitely is one of the more expensive programs. Overall, It's a great school, and it'll be worth it in the end :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything about interviews?  I got an email today about the interview I had November 21st that said I am waitlisted.  They did mention that this is very common and that many people were.  I still have high hopes! 

Any clue how many people have been accepted from each group of interviewees or total so far?  

Anyone hear anything about interviews?  I got an email today about the interview I had November 21st that said I am waitlisted.  They did mention that this is very common and that many people were.  I still have high hopes! 

Any clue how many people have been accepted from each group of interviewees or total so far?  

Hey vintagehero,

I'm wait listed as well. My impression was that everyone who is not initially accepted is wait listed, but I'm not totally sure. I don't know how many have been accepted, but with 36 seats and 3 interview sessions I'd imagine that they accept 12 from each.

Archived