Good regional anatomy textbook

The anatomy textbook my school uses is a crime against humanity. I had saved my undergraduate A&P textbook and thought for a moment that I could use that, only to remember that my undergrad book was systems based and would not be a very good substitute.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

My program uses Moore's "Essential Clinical Anatomy."

We also use this, which I find to be pretty good.

One of my favorites is Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy (http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Human-Anatomy-Interactive-Ancillaries/dp/1455704180)

It isn't your typical textbook though, every page is a picture with labels. Much more detailed than any other anatomy book i've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, there is no question, the only book anyone should lay their hands on is Netter's.   I do not like the flashcards, just the book.  Actually your library may even carry it but if not, it's well worth $60 or so, or you can buy an old edition for even cheaper.

Beyond Netter's, spend more time in the lab and/or make sheets regarding muscle origin, insertion etc and memorize them.  Also on YouTube are some good cadaver dissection videos.  Other anatomy books are not worth their weight in lint beyond Netter's.

Archived