Should I retake the GRE?

Here are my scores for the GRE.

Verbal Reasoning: 152

Quantitative Reasoning: 155

Analytical Writing: 3.5

I heard on this forum that a 300 (310 being a bit more competitive) is a decent score if you include the Verbal and Quantitative. However, my Analytical Writing seems a little low. As only 38% of test takers scored below this amount. Should I be worried? Or does PA schools not really care about Writing?

Some do, some don't. At some programs, your app might be automatically rejected...others consider verbal/quantitative but don't care about the writing, and some don't even require the GRE. I'd say check with the schools you're wanting to apply to. They will be able to tell you if the writing score will hurt you or not.

it really depends on the rest of your application. If the GRE might be the deciding factor at some of the schools you are interested in then yes retake it. As far as I know the GRE isn't that heavily prioritized for most schools in comparison to your letter of recs, HCE, GPA, PS, etc. However some schools do have a recommended cutoff grade for the GRE, so that might be one of the few problems with a low Analytical Writing Grade. Best of luck!

Here is a chart of scores. If you have time, you could certainly try again. Scores of around 150 are usually acceptable.

[PDF]Table 1A: Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning ... - ETS

www.ets.org/gre/percentile

Table 1C: Performance Statistics on the. GRE revised General Test*. Verbal. Reasoning. Quantitative. Reasoning. Analytical. Writing. Number of. Test Takers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is a chart of scores. If you have time, you could certainly try again. Scores of around 150 are usually acceptable.

[PDF]Table 1A: Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning ... - ETS

www.ets.org/gre/percentile

Table 1C: Performance Statistics on the. GRE revised General Test*. Verbal. Reasoning. Quantitative. Reasoning. Analytical. Writing. Number of. Test Takers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks UGoLong. ..

I already took it once before this and got a 144 in V... So I improved my score by 2 already... I think i'm just going to stick with these for now.  I did improve my quantitative score by 5 however 

Archived