anyone go from PA to MBA?

Are there any combined PA/MBA(or MHA) programs out there? I know MD/JD, MD/MBC, JD/MBD, etc programs exist. I suspect an additional year of coursework would allow one to complete the MBA/MHA component.

Emory has a combined PA/MPH program. The MPH can be done in Healthcare Management.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/30/2011 at 11:11 PM, crieman said:

I would like to eventually be a hospital administrator or CEO of a practice. Not sure if it would be better to do an MBA in Healthcare Management or Masters of Health Administration

I have some very close relationships with people and family who have tried to do this.  I can not even put into words how competitive it is.  In Texas, the only MHA program that really has a chance to do this is Trinity and then only because they have guaranteed medical admin fellowships.  The program is upwards of $100k.  Trying to get a fellowship which you will absolutely need to get your foot in the door is a nightmare and competitive beyond belief.  As for other regions of the country, I have no idea.

It is brutal everywhere. I finished my MHA almost 2 years ago. I knew that my only chance of finding a job that did not require me to basically start over was to be accepted into a fellowship. What I did not anticipate was the competition. I have even applied to the VA fellowships, thinking being a veteran may give me a small leg up; I am routinely beaten out by 10-point disabled veterans for the fellowships. I honestly feel like I wasted 2 years of my life at this point (not to mention the money).

Archived