Connecticut: Sacred Heart University

Hey guys also got an invitation for the 16th, what session is everyone in?  Also, does anyone know about their accreditation status/when they hope to be? 

My app was probably overlooked and won't get to interview :/

Sar, I wouldn't give up hope, I called it  quits and was ready pursue something else medical and then out of the blue I got this e-mail yesterday. This is my second round of applying, this first time I got two interviews and wait listed for both and This is the only school to contact me this round. If this is the first interview session, I am sure they will have a few more to come. 

• Upvote 2

@twonfields-- I received a confirmation when they first sent me an email for November 6th but when they rescheduled to the 16th they did not send me a confirmation. I called them about two weeks ago asking about it and they said that they will email more information as the date approaches. Good luck on your interview!

Attended the open house Saturday and thought I'd share some information for anyone who is interested..

• We were told there will be 5 interviews of 30 people for a total of 150 people interviewed (1st set of invitations has gone out). It was stated that they received about 800 applications but about only 400 of them will likely meet minimum requirements. They'll be accepting 28 students.
  • The program is going to be using brand new virtual cadavers.
  • There are a bunch of clinical sites set up, but everyone will be doing at least 1 rotation at Stamford Hospital. They do not currently have any study abroad options
  • It was stated that the program does a holistic review of applications and more experience with a 3.3 seems to be weighed more than not much experience with a 4.0

Hope some of that helped!

Fingers crossed for an interview :)

• Upvote 4

November 16th is their first interview... I had an interview originally scheduled for Saturday November 6th but then received an email changing the date to Monday the 16th.

Hi everyone I have an interview also on the 16th, but the afternoon session. Has any learned how interviews will be conducted? I have not seen anything on the website at this time. 

Hi everyone I have an interview also on the 16th, but the afternoon session. Has any learned how interviews will be conducted? I have not seen anything on the website at this time. 

I was told they will have an individual and a group interview. I'm not sure about any essays. Good luck on your interview!

• Upvote 1

I also just got an interview invite this morning. The two dates they offered are 12/12 and 12/13. Anyone flying out from California? Is Bradley International Airport the best one to fly out to? This is my first interview invite this cycle. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. 

Goodluck to everyone =)

I also just got an interview invite this morning. The two dates they offered are 12/12 and 12/13. Anyone flying out from California? Is Bradley International Airport the best one to fly out to? This is my first interview invite this cycle. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. 

Goodluck to everyone =)

Hi I fly into westchester /white plains New York . I was told it was the easiest to get to from Stamford . The next would be laguardia in New York.

I chose white plains because of convenience and a friend was able to get me, but tickets into laguardia are much cheaper. You'll need to look up costs of taxi from these places, sorry I can't help on that!

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much! I was going to fly into JFK but these airports are even closer. And since I don't know anyone there I'm thinking about getting a rental car. What day is your interview?

Hi I fly into westchester /white plains New York . I was told it was the easiest to get to from Stamford . The next would be laguardia in New York.
I chose white plains because of convenience and a friend was able to get me, but tickets into laguardia are much cheaper. You'll need to look up costs of taxi from these places, sorry I can't help on that!