Tacoma MEDEX 2015-2016 Applicants

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all! Congrats to those who have been invited to an interview. I applied in August, however, they keep losing my transcripts (CASPA has become the bane of my existence), so my application is not verified... Hopefully a miracle happens and they post my application in the next few days. If not I know what to expect and prepare for in terms of the CASPA process. Good luck to you Medex - Tacoma campus hopefuls!

Tom R.

Hello all! Congrats to those who have been invited to an interview. I applied in August, however, they keep losing my transcripts (CASPA has become the bane of my existence), so my application is not verified... Hopefully a miracle happens and they post my application in the next few days. If not I know what to expect and prepare for in terms of the CASPA process. Good luck to you Medex - Tacoma campus hopefuls!

Tom R.

Haven't been invited yet either, my transcripts for my last class (statistics) took a long time to get to MEDEX.  Keep the faith! We got this!

Hello all!

I really like the idea of meeting up prior to the interview.  I heard from a friend that Metro Coffee is near the interview site and would be a good place to meet.  I wouldn't mind meeting up earlier than the night prior, or even a few times prior to the interview to bounce ideas off of each other and calm our nerves.  I live in Lacey just 10 minutes from JBLM.  Send me a message and we can start setting things up.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

Hi Lili, congrats on getting an interview! My name is Kevin, and I would also like to get together with people beofre the interview, if nothing else than to just see some familiar faces on that stressful day. I live in Auburn, so it would be easy for me to drive down to Tacoma once or even a couple times.

Tom R.

Hi Tom, from what I have heard, the upcoming interview cycle in December will not be the last one they conduct. I'm sure there will be another in January, keep the faith!

Hi Tom, from what I have heard, the upcoming interview cycle in December will not be the last one they conduct. I'm sure there will be another in January, keep the faith!

Thanks for your support! I'm trying to stay positive. I just had an interview for a job in surgery so if I don't get in this year, at least I'll get some new experience. I think its a brilliant idea for those of you that get interviews to meet up before hand and get to know each other. From my understand, you'll be tasked with getting to know the people you interview with and tell why they are a good candidate for medex. 

Thanks for your support! I'm trying to stay positive. I just had an interview for a job in surgery so if I don't get in this year, at least I'll get some new experience. I think its a brilliant idea for those of you that get interviews to meet up before hand and get to know each other. From my understand, you'll be tasked with getting to know the people you interview with and tell why they are a good candidate for medex.

What kind of job did you interview for? I've worked in surgery for 12 years. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What kind of job did you interview for? I've worked in surgery for 12 years. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Preoperative Support Technologist in anesthesia. What jobs have you held in surgery? This is my first step out of emergency medicine. My only experience in surgery has been in trauma situations and getting my intubations during paramedic training. I'm pretty excited about his opportunity, I've been working nights and I've wanted to make the switch to days without taking a pay cut.

Preoperative Support Technologist in anesthesia. What jobs have you held in surgery? This is my first step out of emergency medicine. My only experience in surgery has been in trauma situations and getting my intubations during paramedic training. I'm pretty excited about his opportunity, I've been working nights and I've wanted to make the switch to days without taking a pay cut.

You are a Paramedic? I have to believe that you will get an interview then. I have heard that they they really like EMT's and Paramedics

Hello everybody,

Like Mihallst, I am also a member of class 3 in Tacoma and would enjoy meeting with you folks.  I don't know what advice I can give you about the interviews as it is a mysterious process.  But I can tell you about the upcoming year and just give some all around advice for PA interviews.  I wish you all the best and hope it works out for you.

Congratulations to everyone who will be attending the Medex Tacoma Interviews. I have seen that several people on this forum are willing to meet before December 12th, as well as current students that would be willing to help us through this process. 

Can we meet on December 10th or 11th? 

As some are flying in and maybe staying close to the UW, maybe we could just meet at the Harmon DOWNTOWN, not the tap room? Maybe around 7 or so? 

It might be helpful to meet one another and talk about some of the most commonly asked questions/answers. 

Please respond if we can make this a date. 

Congratulations to everyone who will be attending the Medex Tacoma Interviews. I have seen that several people on this forum are willing to meet before December 12th, as well as current students that would be willing to help us through this process.

Can we meet on December 10th or 11th?

As some are flying in and maybe staying close to the UW, maybe we could just meet at the Harmon DOWNTOWN, not the tap room? Maybe around 7 or so?

It might be helpful to meet one another and talk about some of the most commonly asked questions/answers.

Please respond if we can make this a date.

Sure. Count me in. December 11 works for me at the Harmon. Can we try for a sooner time? I would like to go home and do the final touch ups before the interview. Perhaps 5:30-6pm?

Sent from my iPhone

• 2 weeks later...

Archived