Tacoma MEDEX 2015-2016 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to you this year, jlynneg!  I applied to Tacoma last year and was wait-listed.  Since then, I've gotten my B.S. degree, so I'm going for Seattle and a masters.  I remember the Tacoma wait until December was soooo hard last year, so I don't envy that.  But, it will be worth it to become a MEDEX PA student!

April

Good luck to you this year, jlynneg! I applied to Tacoma last year and was wait-listed. Since then, I've gotten my B.S. degree, so I'm going for Seattle and a masters. I remember the Tacoma wait until December was soooo hard last year, so I don't envy that. But, it will be worth it to become a MEDEX PA student!

April

That is wonderful! I am working on doing the same thing (B.S.), but in the mean time Im waiting to hear from Tacoma. Thanks for the luck and am hoping the same for u. Dec will be here before I know it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I couldn't sleep well for the past weeks. Maybe my journey to become a PA via Medex is fall short again. I was in a bad head-on MVA last month, other's driver fault (I was going 30mph, and lord knows how fast the other driver went so that they sent me to ER intubated). I couldn't finish my essays and submit early enough to Medex. Well, I just submitted my supplemental app minutes ago. The essays were not that great as I finishing them while suffering pain and drowsy side effects of pain meds. I didn't mention about my accident in the essay though. Just roll the dice for now, even as a reapplicant. As it mays, I might not destined to be a healer in medicine as a PA, but I will continue to heal the world via communications as a interpreter & nurse no matter what. Bless you & me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I couldn't sleep well for the past weeks. Maybe my journey to become a PA via Medex is fall short again. I was in a bad head-on MVA last month, other's driver fault (I was going 30mph, and lord knows how fast the other driver went so that they sent me to ER intubated). I couldn't finish my essays and submit early enough to Medex. Well, I just submitted my supplemental app minutes ago. The essays were not that great as I finishing them while suffering pain and drowsy side effects of pain meds. I didn't mention about my accident in the essay though. Just roll the dice for now, even as a reapplicant. As it mays, I might not destined to be a healer in medicine as a PA, but I will continue to heal the world via communications as a interpreter & nurse no matter what. Bless you & me!

Oh my goodness sharesmiles! Thank goodness ur MVA wasn't worse! I'm sorry you had to go through that and have to deal with your painful healing. Keep your head up and I wish you the very best through this application cycle... and a speedy full recovery!

Oh my goodness sharesmiles! Thank goodness ur MVA wasn't worse! I'm sorry you had to go through that and have to deal with your painful healing. Keep your head up and I wish you the very best through this application cycle... and a speedy full recovery!

Thank you jlynneg.

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this site while searching for the expected date of MEDEX Tacoma interviews. The positivity and helpful spirit displayed by MEDEX students is comforting. Discovering interviews are not until December should relieve my angst, at least for a month. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to meet many of you in the coming months. Sharesmiles, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident.

If it is like last year... which I hear it will be... you won't get invites until mid-late November for Tacoma.  Last year they interviewed once mid Dec and once late January (mixed site) for Tacoma.  It was a really looong wait from when I submitted! 

April  <--- anxious and browsing the threads while trying to relieve post-interview anxiety   :)

Hello all! 

Like Lex, I discovered this thread while searching for the date(s) of MEDEX Tacoma interviews.  It is encouraging to read all of the positive posts on this thread and other MEDEX threads during this exciting, anxiety-filled time!  I hope to get the opportunity to meet each of you during the interviews.  Best of luck! :)

Cheers!

Andrea 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all potential Tacoma interviewees/future students. I am a Tacoma Class #3 student currently in the didactic year and want to try help any of you that would like it (as much as I know how anyways). I was fortunate to meet up with some of the other interviewees last year on the night before the interview and it was a great benefit. If possible and if anyone is interested some of us current Tacoma students would like to meet up prior to the interviews also. In the mean time do everything you can to try keep the anxiety level to a minimum waiting to hear about getting an interview and then waiting for the actual day. Trust me you will have plenty of anxiety and stress the day of the interview.

Hit me up on here or PM if you have some questions for me. Good Luck All!!

Mike

P.S. If you do get an interview, a book that I used and was greatly helpful is the "How to ace the Physician Assistant school interview" by author Andrew Rodican. Use the book for interview topics and make up flashcards and come up with answers to those normal interview questions like: What are your strengths, weakness, name a time when...etc.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, and kinda stumbled onto it by accident while trying to look up information about when interviews for MEDEX was going out. I am a first time applicant. I applied to the Tacoma campus, and now like the rest of you, I am patiently waiting to hear back. This is my first time applying to a PA program, so I am kinda nervous. Anyways, I wish all of you the best of luck, and hopefully I will see you guys on interview day!

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, and kinda stumbled onto it by accident while trying to look up information about when interviews for MEDEX was going out. I am a first time applicant. I applied to the Tacoma campus, and now like the rest of you, I am patiently waiting to hear back. This is my first time applying to a PA program, so I am kinda nervous. Anyways, I wish all of you the best of luck, and hopefully I will see you guys on interview day!

Welcome to the forum KEN32! This is my second year applying to MEDEX and last year the first interview was Dec and then they did another one in Jan. Best of luck to you and hope to see you on interview day!

Best of luck to you too! I did not know the interviews were not held until December/January. I was starting to get a little nervous haha. I had read that some people were already getting interviews, but I guess those were just for those whose preference was the Seattle and Spokane campus

I am so excited and nervous now that Nov is here and knowing that interview invites will be going out in no time.... hoping this will be my year for acceptance. Keeping my patience and fingers crossed. Looking forward to the opportunity to meet many of you.

I am so excited and nervous now that Nov is here and knowing that interview invites will be going out in no time.... hoping this will be my year for acceptance. Keeping my patience and fingers crossed. Looking forward to the opportunity to meet many of you.

Did you interview last year? What was it like? I heard it can be pretty intense

Hi youssefa, thanks for your service. I was active duty in the Air Force from 2003-2007 and then went into the reserves and I'm still in. This waiting period is so hard. Good luck!!!

Wow it looks like we have similar trajectories. Is this your first time applying?

"You are hear to allow the divine purpose of the universe to unfold"

Archived