CALIFORNIA: Marshall B. Ketchum University

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, for those that did not receive an acceptance/rejection yet: Do you still apply for your FAFSA before the Californian deadline (March 2nd)? We do not even know if we will go to this school/get accepted after the deadline. We won't be able to receive financial aid for the first year if we apply after March 2nd? 

From FAFSA website:

State Deadline

California - For many state financial aid programs – March 2, 2016 by midnight, Central Time."

Hey PA-S LP I'm not sure where you got that information but I believe most of us will be applying for federal financial aid, not state financial aid. I found this information:

The Federal Aid Deadline is June 30, 2016 – no matter what state you live in. — The 2015-2016 School Year is from July 1st, 2015 – June 30th, 2016. — FAFSA on the Web applications must be submitted before or by midnight, 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time on June 30,2016

I just applied for FAFSA and added all the schools I have not heard 'NOs' from to the list of schools for the aid.

Yes, I did the same! It's better to get your FAFSA in as soon as possible instead of waiting on a response from MBKU first. I know that one school I am still considering (until I hear from MBKU) has a priority deadline of March 2nd, so I got mine in last week. I believe you can add up to 10 schools on the FAFSA application.

Does anyone know if any applicants who have interviewed have been rejected? It seems as though no one has been rejected and no one has really been accepted in the past couple weeks either! 

I am hoping that those who have been accepted and know they do not want to attend MBKU, decline their offer quickly so that there can be some movement for those of us on the alternate list! 

Is there a top 10 alternate list this year? I read in the forums for previous years that some people were in that category.

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong! I was thinking of calling admissions tomorrow to see if they can give any more information. Have you heard anything else since you received the alternate email?

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong! I was thinking of calling admissions tomorrow to see if they can give any more information. Have you heard anything else since you received the alternate email?

Nope! I haven't heard anything at all! It really doesn't seem like anyone else received acceptances even though they said everyone would know by the beginning of March. It's already Mid-March!

Has anyone been accepted off the alternate list yet?!

Also, to those of you who have been accepted to MBKU but know with 100% certainty that you will be attending a different program, I know that those of us on the alternate list would all appreciate it if you let MBKU know that asap, so that people don't have to be figuring out where they are going last minute! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I did not apply this cycle but I am interested in applying to MBKU. Does anyone know what stats they prioritize (i.e. USC prefers high volunteering hours whereas Stanford prefers extremely high HCE hours)? Just trying to get a stance on what schools I should be applying to and this is one of the programs where I've found little to no information about what they're primarily looking for. If you've been accepted or have any idea of the stats they specifically look for, please share. Thanks!

Just a reminder for those of who are 100% attending a different program, to let MBKU know that as soon as you feel comfortable doing so! :) I know a lot of movement tends to happen in June/July but if you make that decision sooner, it could make a huge difference to those of us who would be moving out of state earlier than that if we don't get into MBKU! 

• 2 months later...

Archived