Thanks @Laur_ek! I interviewed Nov. 6th at 7:45am and received the acceptance phone call on Nov. 19th. I actually missed the call originally. She left a voicemail saying she was calling in regards to my interview and then gave me a call back number. And then when I called back she offered me a spot :)

For those who are concerned or unclear with the provisional accreditation status (like I was initially haha), I spoke with the Dean of the program for more clarification and she reassured me that you will be able to sit for the PANCE. If the pass rates are low for the PANCE, the accreditors will ask the program to develop a remediation plan to address the low pass scores. Personally, I think the program is structured very well for students to be successful and there is a strong emphasis on PANCE preparation integrated into the curriculum (at least that was my impression during the interview).

Anyways, I figured it was important to share this information because I myself was unfamiliar with provisional accreditation. Also, I plan on attending the program (was accepted early December) so I look forward to meeting future classmates! Best of luck to everyone! :) 

• Upvote 2

For those who are concerned or unclear with the provisional accreditation status (like I was initially haha), I spoke with the Dean of the program for more clarification and she reassured me that you will be able to sit for the PANCE. If the pass rates are low for the PANCE, the accreditors will ask the program to develop a remediation plan to address the low pass scores. Personally, I think the program is structured very well for students to be successful and there is a strong emphasis on PANCE preparation integrated into the curriculum (at least that was my impression during the interview).

Anyways, I figured it was important to share this information because I myself was unfamiliar with provisional accreditation. Also, I plan on attending the program (was accepted early December) so I look forward to meeting future classmates! Best of luck to everyone! :) 

Thank you, this is very helpful! I didn't apply here this year because I was concerned about their accreditation status. However, if I'm not accepted into a program this year, I will definitely be applying here next year. Seems like a wonderful program! And in a great location too...

• Upvote 1

What does IV waitlist mean? Like there is a I, II, and III waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she meant the waitlist to interview list? I just got that email this morning too.

Sorry for the confusion you guys. I'll try to copy the exact text from the email I got this morning.

"Thank you for your interest in attending the School of Physician Assistant Studies at Marshall B. Ketchum University.

After review of your application, the Admissions Committee has decided to place you on the "Wait List" for an interview.The competition was intense and we found ourselves unable to offer an invitation for an interview to all strong applicants.

We will notify you if there is a change in your status. Please do not contact the admissions office about your position on the list as we cannot disclose how many applicants are on the Alternate list and your position."

Also, I checked out last year's forum. It looks like they did call in a couple of people that they wait listed for an interview. So.. There's still hope for next month.

• Upvote 1

How did you find out about the rank of the waitlist !? Did they tell you in an email or did you call?

I just got placed on their IV wait list. Does anyone know how this works or how many people are on it?

What is "IV" waitlist ? Is that Roman numeral 4 or just short for interview ??

• Upvote 1

BiologyPrePA - I meant interview. Sorry, where I work, I got into the habit of writing in shorthand.

Oh awesome !!! Thanks I was like freaking out lol! Thanks for the info !!!!

Received & accepted an interview invitation for January 16!

Congrats and good luck!!!!

I got the email about the interview waitlist as well....Hopefully more students already got into their first choice schools and do not need this interview. 

I was waitlised for an interview as well....sounds like it's all about luck. Does anyone know if they send out rejection emails or does everyone get a waitlist for an interview?

So there are 7 of us on it (so far)? I'm hoping that the waitlist is about 20 people deep. Wish we knew the rank :/ but good luck everyone! Have any of you interviewed or been accepted elsewhere?

@ElleArginine, I loved MBKU, but unfortunately had to make the difficult decision of declining my acceptance offer due to an acceptance at another program. I hope this frees up a spot for someone else! Good luck to everyone, and happy holidays :)

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HopefulthinkingPA
      What are my chances to get into a PA program? What programs would accept me? Or should I apply to post bacc/ or masters program? 
      I have a 2.88 GPA. BS in Human Biology. I have not taken the GRE. I am 26yrs Female AA. I have well over 1000 hours of clinical experience (paid, nonpaid/volunteer).
      I currently took a leave of absence from my position as a High-school science teacher, to take Biochemistry, Epidemiology and study for MCAT (plan on applying to Master of Biomedical to gain acceptance into DO school which is my ultimate dream). I am also considering PA school 
      MY  Letters Of Recommendation is from a  Chief PA at a  hospital and 2 MDs that are Directors  of Hospital. 

I want to remain hopeful but my dreams seem like they are drifting further away from me each day. I need advice.

• By hmtpnw
      Last week I got my first official application decision of the cycle. Opening the email, I scanned the words frantically until I found the sentence I was fearing the most. It read, “I regret to inform you of the program’s decision not to pursue your application further.” These words translate much more simply to “rejection.”
      For a moment I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I knew that I would be receiving rejections throughout the cycle, but had hoped and prayed it wouldn’t be from this school. Not only was this program one of my top choices, but it is also the only school in my home city. The realization that I would not have the opportunity to interview hit me like a ton of bricks. With GPAs well above the program’s average and my state residency giving me a leg up over other applicants, I felt that I would likely secure an interview. I was wrong.
      After the news, I began to question my application strategy entirely. I chose to apply more intentionally to a handful of carefully selected programs landing on the lower side of things - 6. As the September 1st deadline for many programs was only a few days away I sent my GRE scores off to an additional school that I was going back and forth on, hoping that they would arrive on time. I was relieved to have everything complete with one other program, but I still questioned if 7 would be enough to land me an acceptance or even an interview.
      At this point I was doubting myself, my personal statement, my clinical experiences… everything. I wondered if there were red flags in my application or if I said the wrong things in the answers to the supplemental questions. I tried to stay optimistic, but I was disappointed and feeling insecure. My first rejection was certainly humbling, planting seeds of doubt that were becoming overwhelming.
      And then I saw it. I was eating my lunch and scanning my email when I suddenly read “Invitation to Interview” in the subject line of an email from my top choice. My heart started racing and my palms were sweating. After seeing the date provided, only 3.5 weeks away, I could barely focus enough to read about the interview details. I was ecstatic. Their initial email contained a typo and in a follow up email with a correction the admissions director revealed that I was the very first applicant to be offered an interview. I couldn’t believe it. This school was my reach, and I certainly wasn’t counting on being offered an interview, let alone the first one. I was over the moon.
      Here I am now, in the midst of the cycle with one interview scheduled and one rejection. Things are still up in the air, but I feel that I am at least back in the game. The ups and downs of this roller coaster ride will continue, and I couldn't be happier. Thus far, this process has been unpredictable. Although I have heard this repeated many times here by those wiser than myself, this experience has definitely shown me that there is no such thing as a sure thing when applying to PA school. Don’t be so quick to count yourself in, but also don’t count yourself out.
    • By jinglebells0518
      Hi all,
      I will be starting PA school in January and was looking for guidance about what path I should take to achieve my goals. If I could start over I might have chosen a different route to get to this point but I graduated with a Bachelors of Biology from Ohio State, went on to gain my patient care experience as a CNA, and applied for PA school. I really want to do something with babies so I am looking at Women's Health/OBGYN.
      What is the best path to take to get a job working closely with delivery and babies? I know PA's are up and coming and at least in NC are not often hired in most fields working with infants. Finding a Neonatal PA job is like finding a needle in a haystack. Heck even a neonatal PA residency is few and far between. And I am considering labor and delivery but after working nights in the hospital, I like more of the clinic setting. Plus I have never shadowed in L&D so I am not sure what the job specifically entails from the provider standpoint. So that left me considering a Women's Health Clinic. I shadowed a PA in one of these clinics and I loved it but after some research it does not seem there is much opportunity in clinics for OBGYN PA's and most clinics prefer NP's.
      So I wanted to ask some PAs who are currently out in the workforce and have wanted to work with newborns what their experience was like, how they found the position, and what they did to get there. What would be the best way to make myself competitive for an OBGYN PA provider position and what is the best way to find job openings in that field? Should I seek out an OBGYN residency after school or should I focus on real world job experience doing something that maybe doesn't interest me as much to gain work experience? Are there other possible careers I am forgetting about that will allow me to practice as a PA and work with infants/delivery?
      I am also strongly considering pediatrics as another option which seems to be much more readily available to PAs but I have always been fascinated with the reproductive system so I appreciate the gynecological portion of women's health as much as I love obstetrics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I do not want to end up in the same position I did immediately after college where think about what I should have done differently if I could start over. I want to do it right the first time so I do not struggle to get into a field I love because I don't have a crucial experience in my toolbox. 
      Any help is greatly appreciated!
      Thank you!
    • By PKundargi
      Hello,
      I have committed to a PA school starting in January 2019. I was comfortable with my choice until the last few weeks I have been very concerned that I should reapply - even though it is 3 months into the application cycle- because the school I have accepted a position at is currently on probation status. The program did explain this at the interview, however now that I have had a few months to think about it I am growing nervous that I should wait and apply again to get into a fully accredited program. The program has hired consultants to improve on the issues that caused the accreditation problem. I am hoping it will be accredited, but truly it would not affect my class, rather the class after mine.
      If I can get any feedback whether the specific program/school you attend affects where you get a job or how others look at your application I would truly truly appreciate it. I am not sure if my hesitancy is valid or not.

Thanks
    • By goalsofaPA
      Hello!
      I'm currently a PA-S2 at a 33 month program and about to soon go on rotations. From the start, I knew I wanted to go into surgery, it was just deciding which subspecialty I wanted to go into. After doing a lot of research and searching through the forums, I have a couple of programs in mind that sound absolutely amazing, one of them being the Yale program. Does anyone who have gone through a surgical residency or know people who have any insight on what kind of applicants they are looking for? From what I've gathered from posts on ER residencies, ADCOMS look at: 
      - GPA 
      - LORs 
      - General interest in the specialty: prior experience, rotations during clinical year 
      - Personal Statement and the interview
      Is it fair to say it is similar to what surgical residency programs are looking for? Fortunately, my program is contracted with Norwalk Hospital at Yale where the residency is located and I am definitely will be rotating through there for my general surgery rotation in the coming months. Thanks again for all your advice! 🙂

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More