Teledoc Vs Texas Medical Board

Late follow up.. after all the appeals and what not the federal courts essentially struck down restrictions on practice ownership in Texas. I now own my own practice (as of 2 weeks ago) and expect legislation in the next session to follow the federal court ruling. In the interim the medical board is no longer sending letters to practices asking them to declare their ownership.

Congrats!  HB 2098 was voted in during my first year of PA school and when the TAPA president(at the time) showed up to talk about joining I asked her why they would support a bill that restricts PA ownership more heavily than the previous workarounds.  I specifically pointed out that it made it so no PA could own more of the company than any of the docs(even if one doc held 2% then a PA could only hold 1.99%).  I was shrugged off and told "that's not now I read it."  I didn't have much interest in getting involved with them at that point.

Congrats!  HB 2098 was voted in during my first year of PA school and when the TAPA president(at the time) showed up to talk about joining I asked her why they would support a bill that restricts PA ownership more heavily than the previous workarounds.  I specifically pointed out that it made it so no PA could own more of the company than any of the docs(even if one doc held 2% then a PA could only hold 1.99%).  I was shrugged off and told "that's not now I read it."  I didn't have much interest in getting involved with them at that point.

IMO, that particular president was a "big shrug".  First time I ever contacted TAPA in over 30 years and got a "don't have time for this" attitude for a very legitimate question.  Debating whether they are worth my money this year (actually, my employer's....er, the taxpayer's money).

• 1 year later...

im so glad I found this page, I am working on being 100% owner of a family practice that is cash pay and was searching all over regarding this issue, I saved the link to the rulings of the suit and hope that I don't have any issues with the TMB. 

now quick question, 

how do I go about reporting the clinic to the TMB, they only have a link for "joint practices" 

please help

thank you

Archived