2015-2016 Cycle

Just wanted to give y’all an update: due to some personal issues I was experiencing this summer and the new changes to the application process, my focus was detracted and I made a huge mistake. I somehow overlooked the supplemental application and did not double check with admissions before the due date to ensure my application was complete. I have never made a mistake like this and will never make it again. Obviously, since my application was incomplete, I will not be receiving an interview invite this year. To not get an interview because of an asinine mistake I made is devastating, but it will be okay. As far as I know, the final decisions were made today and everyone should've received an email if not a phone call.

I wish all of you the best of luck with your upcoming interviews - I know you'll kill it! Thanks for all the encouragement...maybe I'll see you next year!

Side note: just FYI, I found out that there were over 700 applicants this year and only 400 of those applications were complete. They are interviewing around 200 and will accept approximately 50 people into the class.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dmwiley- I'm so sorry. I can see how it could happen.  Sometimes you spend so much time working on those things, they're so complicated, and then one little part gets left out.  I actually had nightmares about that.

Although I'm sure it's little consolation right now, I have no doubt you will get an interview next year.  If I don't make it to the end, I'll probably be typing away on this forum with you again in a year.

Thanks for letting us know and good luck to you too.  

Hi everyone! I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! I'm an out-of-state applicant from Michigan that will be considered In-State due to my husband's Active Duty Military status (I had to submit a form proving my eligibility to use his GI Bill). My last name starts with a 'T', I Recieved a voice message about the interview this past Wednesday around 10am or so. I called back, I was offered an interview between Jan 4-8th 8-12 or 12-4 and she said at that time I could choose any day and any time because there were lots of openings. I chose the 7th from 12-4pm and was told what time my individual interview would be. Glad they called when they did I booked a flight that day for $200 on Southwest Round-trip, so I appreciate that they may have called us first to give us more time to arrange travel and lodging. Good Luck everyone!! Stay positive!

I don't think that there is a written portion. I have a couple of friends that interviewed a couple of years ago and they didn't mention anything about a writing portion.

Does anyone know when we will get the email with directions to campus, a confirmation of our interview day and time, where we will all be meeting on campus ... ect? I haven't gotten that email yet. Has anyone else?

So, did anyone get any ethical questions? I was surprised by how laid back and welcoming the interviewers were. Although I can only speak for my interviewers, I did hear similar things from other applicants of other groups that were there that day.

This upcoming week is going to pass by at a snail's pace. Good luck to everyone!

Hi emiller438,

Nope, no ethical questions for me either.  I agree- everyone I spoke with on Friday seemed to have a really nice and relaxed interview.  Sounds like they might have trouble making their decisions, after interviewing 215 people!!

I think there was someone on this forum who was going to be in my session Friday morning.  If any of you were there Friday morning, I didn't meet you in person.  I had O'Dohoghue as an interviewer-- anyone else?  He was very nice.

Good luck to you all!

Hello again,

This waiting is getting more unbearable everyday ! :)

I learned that Tulsa people, who get accepted, will be called today.

Also, I contacted a PA student and she told me that, OKC will be making acceptance calls this week. She is not sure but that's her understanding. Besides, the faculty had "the" meeting yesterday. 

Let's wait and see.

Please let us know if you get a call.

Good luck everyone!

Archived