Worcester: 2015-2016 Application

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I'm a first year PA student in Worcester about to wrap up the 3rd semester. If you have any questions about the program, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Hey there, thank you so much for your help! I have a question I send my application and it has been verified through CASPA already. But I have not received any notifications about the school receiving my application. Am I going to get an email or something through the mail?

Hey there, thank you so much for your help! I have a question I send my application and it has been verified through CASPA already. But I have not received any notifications about the school receiving my application. Am I going to get an email or something through the mail?

Really? How many more people are you going to ask the same question to?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it worth putting my application in for this cycle this late in the game?

I saw that MCPHS Boston was rolling admissions but is MCPHS Wocester rolling admissions as well?

Any advice would help.

I have plenty of HCE hours but about  average applicant GPA.

Call admissions. They will give you an idea of how full the 2017 class is, from the last time I talked to them a few months ago, the class was filling up quickly. Worcester is rolling admissions but the class fills pretty quickly. Anything you can do to play up an interesting experience that gives you a unique perspective helps you a lot if your GPA is average, which mine was.

I just received a letter in the mail that said I was waitlisted but never even interviewed. Does that mean there is a waitlist to be interviewed? And does anyone know if this is pretty much a rejection letter?

Yes, they keep a wait list of people who interviewed and one of people who haven't interviewed. Call admissions and ask them what they would advise you to do. I know it's rough to wait another cycle, but if you can get your application to be one of the first considered for 2018, that helps a lot.

I just received a letter in the mail that said I was waitlisted but never even interviewed. Does that mean there is a waitlist to be interviewed? And does anyone know if this is pretty much a rejection letter?

Hi,

I had the October interview and was accepted, however some of my friends are in the same situation as you. When they called admissions they were told that the program had filled up more quickly than expected and that interviews were no longer being offered.  Try calling, they may be able to give you a more concrete explanation. Best of luck.

I was waiting to hear about receiving an interview or rejection letter so I called on Friday to check the application status. It was confirmed about the class being filled. But I received a letter yesterday saying that I while they could not offer me seat, I was accepted into their accelerated BSN program with scholarship. I only applied to their PA program. Has anyone ever received this before? I had this school on my list to reapply to for the new cycle. I did apply late to the current cycle but now I'm confused as to why they would send that.

Archived