University of the Pacific PA Program in Sacramento

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an acceptance call yesterday.  I interviewed between the dates of April 4-7(Sorry I don't recall the exact date).  Good luck to everyone, and if you were not accepted don't stop applying.  This was my third year applying to PA school and I was going on my 4th.  I've probably been denied more times than anyone on this forum. In the end it was all worth it.

Congrats, Edgar! Super happy for you. Your commitment and dedication speaks volume about what type of healthcare provider you'll be in the near future. Wishing you the best!

I received an acceptance call yesterday. I interviewed between the dates of April 4-7(Sorry I don't recall the exact date). Good luck to everyone, and if you were not accepted don't stop applying. This was my third year applying to PA school and I was going on my 4th. I've probably been denied more times than anyone on this forum. In the end it was all worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I received an acceptance call yesterday.  I interviewed between the dates of April 4-7(Sorry I don't recall the exact date).  Good luck to everyone, and if you were not accepted don't stop applying.  This was my third year applying to PA school and I was going on my 4th.  I've probably been denied more times than anyone on this forum. In the end it was all worth it.

Congrats!!!! 3 times! That's dedication!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! Can I message someone that was accepted to this school? I know it's a new program so I want to know more about the curriculum and teaching at this program.

Prior to the beginning of the interview season, UoP was holding regular information sessions (both in person and webinar). Are you local? If so, you should attend one of these sessions. I found it very helpful.

Is UOP open to everyone even non-Cali residents? Or are they slanted towards Cali residents like UCD is biased toward Cali residents?

Officially, UoP give preference to the following three categories of applicants: 1) Veterans, 2) UoP alumni and 3) Residents of northern and central California. This information can be found on the program website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one

I have an interview for PA program at Pacific university on 17 March.

May I know a little more about their interview from the people who already passed it?

In advance thank you so  much for your support and help.

From my experience, there were about 8-10 students there that day.  You start the day with an interview session then break into either group interview or panel interview (half group does panel first, other half does group interview first, then the other after lunch).  In the group interview, they give you one sentence scenarios (mostly, ethical stuff, "What would you do if...) and you discuss it with 3 other candidates. It's laid back and kind of fun. The interviewers just listen. Then there's lunch with admissions and faculty and a campus tour. After lunch is the other interview. The panel interview is all 5 admissions counselors/professors at a conference table interviewing you. They'll ask standard interview questions. While you're waiting for your interview, they'll show you a video and you have to write a one page essay. Just relax and do your best on that. It's not hard. 

Good luck!

Archived