University of the Pacific PA Program in Sacramento

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what the website says.

Interviews will be conducted over 15 days on various dates from February throughout August. If an applicant scores very highly in the initial screening process, he or she may be granted an earlier interview and offered one of a set number of seats allocated for early acceptance. The remainder of the applicants who score in the top 150 will be interviewed after the CASPA admissions cycle closes. Once all invited candidates have been interviewed, the Admission Committee will meet to review and discuss the applicants together. Interview scores will be tallied and the top 90 applicants will be placed on a ranked list by interview score. The faculty must unanimously agree on the 45 applicants that will be selected for the incoming class.

I was wondering the same thing since I have an interview next week.. Unfortunately I think we will have to wait until July or August until we hear back regarding admission. This makes it difficult when trying to decide whether or not to apply to additional programs in the next CASPA cycle. If I find out any additional info during the interview day, I'll let you guys know!

I declined my interview invite this morning for April 6th. Hope it goes to someone on this forum! Good luck!

I originally was waitlisted to interview, but just got the call this morning to interview April 6th!!  Conveniently enough, I'll already be up there since I have an interview at Touro the day before!

Hello, 

Congrats to those accepted! I have an interview in April and was wondering if anyone can provide additional information about the structure of the interview that can be helpful (taking into consideration the waiver to disclose specific info). I will be flying in the night before and will fly back home soon after the interview. Is the building hard to find? any trouble with parking? Does the interview take up the full day (up to 5pm)? 

Any info will be very helpful!! 

Hello,

Congrats to those accepted! I have an interview in April and was wondering if anyone can provide additional information about the structure of the interview that can be helpful (taking into consideration the waiver to disclose specific info). I will be flying in the night before and will fly back home soon after the interview. Is the building hard to find? any trouble with parking? Does the interview take up the full day (up to 5pm)?

Any info will be very helpful!!

The interview does take the whole day. There was plenty of parking in the lots across the street from the house. The interviews were done in a house that was converted to a meeting hall of sorts, really nice. Not hard to find at all. There is a lot of meetings and introductions that day. The interview was the least of it all honestly. Just be confident and know your stuff. Be a team player.

The interview does take the whole day. There was plenty of parking in the lots across the street from the house. The interviews were done in a house that was converted to a meeting hall of sorts, really nice. Not hard to find at all. There is a lot of meetings and introductions that day. The interview was the least of it all honestly. Just be confident and know your stuff. Be a team player.

Thanks Shaunring for your response! I feel more at ease now and will definitely prepare for this interview! 

Thanks Shaunring for your response! I feel more at ease now and will definitely prepare for this interview! 

I received an interview for July 7th.  It does seem like it is a long time away.  People who already have gone for their interview, what was your thoughts about the program.  I have heard that they are working very hard to make the program a success.

Thanks and good luck to all.

I received an interview for July 7th.  It does seem like it is a long time away.  People who already have gone for their interview, what was your thoughts about the program.  I have heard that they are working very hard to make the program a success.

Thanks and good luck to all.

I got rejected, but did a lot of research into the program.  Dr. Mark Christiansen is the director, and was the director from UC Davis' program.  Local PAs that I talked with said "oh yeah, it'll be a great program if he's the director". I also spoke with the director of Marshall B Ketchum at the CAPA conference and asked his opinion on new programs, since Ketchum's is only a few years old, and he echoed the same sentiment. The UOP dental school has an excellent reputation around SF and I have high hopes for the PA program!

I'd love to hear your feedback after interviewing, and from the April interview folks.  Good luck all! 

I was wondering the same thing since I have an interview next week.. Unfortunately I think we will have to wait until July or August until we hear back regarding admission. This makes it difficult when trying to decide whether or not to apply to additional programs in the next CASPA cycle. If I find out any additional info during the interview day, I'll let you guys know!

Hi! I hope your interview went well! Did the admissions committee confirm that all applicants will hear back at the end of the interview cycle or provide a timeline? Thanks!

Thanks, I had a great interview.. They said that in the next couple of weeks they will communicate with us our status in the admissions process. It sounded like they will either give us a rejection notice or inform us that we are still apart of the application pool and will hear a decision in July once they have had a chance to interview all the candidates.

Thanks, I had a great interview.. They said that in the next couple of weeks they will communicate with us our status in the admissions process. It sounded like they will either give us a rejection notice or inform us that we are still apart of the application pool and will hear a decision in July once they have had a chance to interview all the candidates.

Congrats on having a good interview! Any tips or info you can share to those who still have an interview in the upcoming months? 

Archived