LSU Shreveport 2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed in october and still haven't heard back yet

Spoke with a PA that I have been shadowing about her previous student that started last May as to how the admissions process went for her and she said that they select Tier 1 students within 1st week or 2 after interview, then final decisions in December. I'm not sure if anyone has heard otherwise from other students as to if this is correct..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

All final decisions will be made by December 20th is what I was told by the program! Has anyone heard anything about December interviews? I haven't gotten a rejection, but I haven't heard about an interview and it's been like 7 weeks since my app went to committee review. My application is competitive from what I've been told by current students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All final decisions will be made by December 20th is what I was told by the program! Has anyone heard anything about December interviews? I haven't gotten a rejection, but I haven't heard about an interview and it's been like 7 weeks since my app went to committee review. My application is competitive from what I've been told by current students.

I was notified a week and a half in advance before my interview last week so they are still sending out dates I'm sure. Most others said they received rejection letters earlier in cycle.

I was notified a week and a half in advance before my interview last week so they are still sending out dates I'm sure. Most others said they received rejection letters earlier in cycle.

I'm hoping my name is on the interview list for that last interview in December and that's why I haven't heard anything yet! Good luck to you! I hope you hear something soon from your interview!

I'm hoping my name is on the interview list for that last interview in December and that's why I haven't heard anything yet! Good luck to you! I hope you hear something soon from your interview!

I'm sure it will be! Don't stress, like I said, I only had a week and a half notice and was stressing about a suit lol..thank you and same to you as well!!

Update: I received an email today stating my application has moved to the selection process which will be complete by mid December. Hope that helps!

Hi there jangellev,

I just received the same email this afternoon as well, which does help lol. Guess we are just waiting it out now. Come on December. Thank you for posting!

Update: I received an email today stating my application has moved to the selection process which will be complete by mid December. Hope that helps!

Do you know if people received emails stating that they weren't moved to selection process and are no longer being considered after their interview? 

I received my invitation to interview this morning!! Will anyone else be there? And does anyone have any advice?!

Congrats!!! Just be yourself, be prepared to answer questions with science vs overall GPA differences, or why you made a lower grade in a class, what can you bring to the program etc. Good luck, you'll do great!

Do you know if people received emails stating that they weren't moved to selection process and are no longer being considered after their interview?

I have not heard if anyone received emails other than moved to selection process...someone that talks to the current students may know more than I do though

Congrats!!! Just be yourself, be prepared to answer questions with science vs overall GPA differences, or why you made a lower grade in a class, what can you bring to the program etc. Good luck, you'll do great!

Thank you so much!! I'm beyond excited to interview and have them get to know me better! Those are helpful tips! What did you wear? I remember they said back in April for an info session business attire.

Thank you so much!! I'm beyond excited to interview and have them get to know me better! Those are helpful tips! What did you wear? I remember they said back in April for an info session business attire.

Business suit, with solid cream color shell underneath, small earrings and low heels. I tried to follow the advice they gave us during info session, and most other candidates were dressed simuliar. Some of the ladies wore flats, but my pants were too long. Hope this helps:)

Business suit, with solid cream color shell underneath, small earrings and low heels. I tried to follow the advice they gave us during info session, and most other candidates were dressed simuliar. Some of the ladies wore flats, but my pants were too long. Hope this helps:)

Yes it helps tremendously! That's what I was thinking, something like a skirt suit. Or even a business dress with a blazer! I was wondering about the shoes to! You're amazing! Thank you :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my acceptance email today! Unfortunately, I signed a lease last night for a program in Florida, so now I've gotta figure out how to get out of that. Congratulations to anyone else that was accepted and any advice on how to get out of a lease would be greatly appreciated lol. 

FYI, I interviewed October 3rd

Archived