2015-2016 Application

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I definitely like the program. But yea I know that's the one thing I didn't like about the interview here. Every other school I got to meet with and talk to some students.

How do most of the students like to take notes in class? I was thinking of getting an iPad before school starts to take notes on there. Would you suggest that?

How do most of the students like to take notes in class? I was thinking of getting an iPad before school starts to take notes on there. Would you suggest that?

In my class (Rob included lol) everyone basically uses paper to take notes. They give us a certain number of prints a semester and the program usually even prints it out for us so we don't use our prints. Personally, I don't use paper notes or understand why they do this since they will be having to look through loads of paper when they want to reference something later and the mounds of notes have stacked. I use my Mac, keep them organized in folders and open up the ppts (for which all classes have)and edit and add my notes to them as needed. Using an ipad would be good, but I haven't found a good program to export the notes after I edit them. I personally would have to say laptop.

Yea like Ruben said they hand out the packets of notes and they also put them online. I personally never get the packets and just use my computer but I know some people prefer the hard copy. I just don't like dealing with all of those packets of notes and it's much easier to just flip through slides on the computer.

Hey Roobs,

I have a question for you as well! Which class did you find most difficult the first year? Was biostats and evidence based medicine tough?

Hey, I thought Anatomy and Medical Physiology have been the hardest so far. We have actually only completed the summer semester and are in our second which includes biostats. It's definitely not the hardest class and if you've taken stats a lot of things will be familiar. I wouldn't worry about it. I would say if anything try to get as familiar with anatomy as possible before coming. 

Anyone who wants to use their iPad for notes could definitely use Goodnotes. It's only a few dollars on the app store through apple. However, I always preferred just typing on a computer because I felt I was able to pay more attention to what the professor is saying that way and spend the least amount of time typing. Super excited to meet everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived