Sign in to follow this  
patachok

Hot topic in medicine, HELP please

Good day to all of you working PAs. :)

If I may ask for your opinion regarding a hot topic in medicine. Any specialty would be appreciated as I am interested in variety of things (despite doing my third year of school in Vascular surgery!)

Thank you to everybody who responds!

It's an odd query. Surely looking through the Health section of your favorite newspaper, or scanning the editorial pages of JAMA, NEJM, JAAPA etc would yield some ideas.

If you're trying to do a school assignment (and it stretches the imagination that a 'third year in vascular surgery' would have such an assignment), then asking people on the Internets to do it for you, is poor form IMO.

patachok, I'm not sure what you are asking/wanting. You state your want our "opinion regarding a hot topic in medicine". Then go on to say "Any specialty would be appreciated as I am interested in verity of things". This is not a question... its a statement.

The members of this forum have vast and varied experience, and are willing to give good advise/recommendations. You however must first pose the question.    

Thanks for all the responses, I apologize if my question was not clear...I just wanted some ideas. And I actually ended up choosing something related to Vascular surgery. :) Dah...

To charlottew: by NO means I asked for anybody to do the assignment for me. Like stated above, just wanted some ideas.

As far as my school, yes we have a 3rd year, and yes I am doing it in Vascular surgery. And yes, we have that assignment. Silly? may be...i just do what my faculty tells us to. :)

Good day to everyone! 

Good luck on the assignment, patachok. IMO asking for topic ideas, IS getting internetz help on fhe assignment. But maybe I am splitting hairs.

ps. As a working PA, being able to look up/research answers to questions is a valuable skill. Especially when you first start out.

really bad spam attempt edited by moderator

Do you smell burnt toast? Please proceed to the nearest ED as you are likely having a stroke based on your nearly incomprehensible post and thinking anyone is dumb enough to click your link.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't quite sure if this truly was spam, but I didn't quite pick up on that each of his posts was actually an embedded link to some online essay-writing service.  Thanks Oneal

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By kmspac611
      Hi,

I have two interviews this week, one with a private urgent care clinic and one with a hospitalist general IM program at a teaching hospital. I am looking for some good interview questions I may not have thought of yet. Here's what I have so far.

1. New position or taking over an old position
      2. Shift model
      3. Call time and holiday/OT pay
      4. Average # of patients per day
      5. What does the patient population look like
      6. How many providers work per shift
      7. Support team
      8. PTO, CME, benefits, malpractice coverage
      9. Lab services
      10. EMR system
      11. Orientation time

Am I missing anything? Let me know your questions and any advice you may have!
    • By jselbig
      Looking for recommendations for good prescribing software .  
      I've seen Epocrates, Uptodate, Dynamed, these offer prescribing guidance and basic interactions
      A new one is LotsofMeds - this one checks full patient data against drugs, like a full spectrum interaction checker which has not been done before.  It also has adverse effects comparisons which is very handy.
    • By ashaw249
      Hi Future Colleagues! 
      My name is Aaron Shaw. I graduated last year from the University of Toledo Medical Center PA School. I have been practicing Neurosurgery the past year in College Station, Texas. Over the past two years I have been writing a book for: Students going into PA school, Current PA students, MD Students, DO Students and NP Students. On February 15th, 2017 my book was published and it is on Amazon for sale! Honestly I wish I had a book like this before and during PA school as life would have been much easier. I used this book and purchased a few practice tests from the NCCPA before taking the PANCE and passing it with flying colors the first time! It is my hope that you will check out my new book and hopefully make your study sessions much higher yield! 

Below is the Amazon website for my book! 

All the best to all those applying to PA school and for those studying for the PANCE. 

https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Rotations-Time-Succeed-Training/dp/0692836616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487800429&sr=8-1&keywords=medical+rotations

Thanks,

Aaron Shaw, MSBS PA-C

• Guest pepitohonguito
      By Guest pepitohonguito
      Does anyone know if the credits that you make studying Physician Assistant are transferable to the Physician career?  I'm planning studying PA in UMass Dartmouth, Massachusetts but I would love being a doctor in the future. The problem is that I cannot move to Worcester, MA, where the medicine career is available.  So I would like to know if in the future, if I have a chance can I transfer these credits and studying medicine? or do I have to start the physician career from zero?

Thank you. I would like to read your opinions. 
    • By MamboSauce
      So I was wondering, but are there PAs that operates as a community leader? I usually see MD/DO/RNs working as a community leader in the position as a Health Officer and Medical Officer, but can PAs hold any positions such as Health Officer or Community Leader with such degrees as a MPH and/or DrPH....just curious.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More