Slippery Rock University: 2015-2016 Cycle

I'm sorry I'm asking people these questions about the interview but how did the group portion go? And what kinds of questions did they ask for your personal interview?

I've been to a pretty cut throat group interview and it was so nerve wracking, the group interview was terrible and pinned students against one another to prove their viewpoints.

Not at all! The group setting isn't really an "interview". It's more of they give your group a ethical scenario to read and you and your group just sit there and discuss it amongst yourself! And they just kind of observe you! Nothing major at all. The personal interview is simple everyday interview questions. Nothing you haven't heard before! I honestly don't remember exactly what I was asked we basically just talked about myself, experiences, and why I want to go to their school! You'll be fine! Best of luck!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all! The group setting isn't really an "interview". It's more of they give your group a ethical scenario to read and you and your group just sit there and discuss it amongst yourself! And they just kind of observe you! Nothing major at all. The personal interview is simple everyday interview questions. Nothing you haven't heard before! I honestly don't remember exactly what I was asked we basically just talked about myself, experiences, and why I want to go to their school! You'll be fine! Best of luck!!

Wow! That makes me feel a ton better, thank you!!! Also I'm nervous about them getting their accreditation, what do you think? Did they seem confident in their program to get its accreditation?

Wow! That makes me feel a ton better, thank you!!! Also I'm nervous about them getting their accreditation, what do you think? Did they seem confident in their program to get its accreditation?

They seemed very confident! Slippery Rock has a lot of great programs, I have a few friends in the physical therapy masters program which has been around for awhile. They put a lot of time, money, and resources into getting this started I'm sure they will be ready to go in front of the committee!

They seemed very confident! Slippery Rock has a lot of great programs, I have a few friends in the physical therapy masters program which has been around for awhile. They put a lot of time, money, and resources into getting this started I'm sure they will be ready to go in front of the committee!

Did they notify you by phone call? Or letter in the mail?

Hey Girl :) Just wanted to ask how many students were in your group interview and also how many students {total} you think were invited to the Interview Day you attended! My interview is January 8th, I'm getting pretty excited! 

Good luck with your interview tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know a good place to stay for the interview or if they have any discounted rates set up somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed at the rising star motel, which was warm, and nice at first, and then I started to realize it was approaching approximately 92+ degrees in the room. They wouldn't turn off the heat because, "lots of people like the heat". I opened the windows, and slept with a sheet. I woke up, and they had turned the heat off in the middle of the night, so I woke up pretty frigid lol. So yea, if you're into the sort of thing the rising star motel is cheap ;). Dunno about the other hotels. 

I stayed at the rising star motel, which was warm, and nice at first, and then I started to realize it was approaching approximately 92+ degrees in the room. They wouldn't turn off the heat because, "lots of people like the heat". I opened the windows, and slept with a sheet. I woke up, and they had turned the heat off in the middle of the night, so I woke up pretty frigid lol. So yea, if you're into the sort of thing the rising star motel is cheap ;). Dunno about the other hotels. 

Lol well thanks for the heads up on that! It sounds like you did NOT have a great experience there. I'd like to get sleep without sweating to death so I'm gonna be staying at the Fairfield inn instead! I appreciate the reply

Lol well thanks for the heads up on that! It sounds like you did NOT have a great experience there. I'd like to get sleep without sweating to death so I'm gonna be staying at the Fairfield inn instead! I appreciate the reply

I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn as well! Hopefully they are more modest with their use of heat haha. Although let's be real, I'll need all the warmth I can get. It's currently ~70 degrees in ATX and ~17 in Slippery Rock.

Had a great time interviewing with this program on Friday! It was nice to meet you all. Everyone there was so nice and Dr. Frndak even emailed me to make sure I got home okay since I had to drive through the blizzard. Great program. Hopefully we hear something soon! Wondering how many seats are even left

Had a great time interviewing with this program on Friday! It was nice to meet you all. Everyone there was so nice and Dr. Frndak even emailed me to make sure I got home okay since I had to drive through the blizzard. Great program. Hopefully we hear something soon! Wondering how many seats are even left

I had a great time too! Funny how we ended up sitting next to each other. Glad you made it home safely! I'm still en route back to TX (explored Pittsburgh yesterday).

After my interview with Dr. Massey he told me there are only 8 spots left to offer. They are meeting to look at candidates from our interview as well as the group earlier this month. He said they will offer seats to the most qualified and start a ranked waitlist from there. He told me he's fairly positive they will have movement on the waitlist in the upcoming months. Everyone in our group seemed like a great fit, so I'll understand if waitlisted (hopefully not denied). Hopeful for both of us!

I had a great time too! Funny how we ended up sitting next to each other. Glad you made it home safely! I'm still en route back to TX (explored Pittsburgh yesterday).

After my interview with Dr. Massey he told me there are only 8 spots left to offer. They are meeting to look at candidates from our interview as well as the group earlier this month. He said they will offer seats to the most qualified and start a ranked waitlist from there. He told me he's fairly positive they will have movement on the waitlist in the upcoming months. Everyone in our group seemed like a great fit, so I'll understand if waitlisted (hopefully not denied). Hopeful for both of us!

Oh no, I wonder how many people were in the interview before us. Did he say when they would meet? Fingers crossed that we receive good news! Waitlist would be better than nothing I suppose but I'm sure there will be a good amount of people on it

Oh no, I wonder how many people were in the interview before us. Did he say when they would meet? Fingers crossed that we receive good news! Waitlist would be better than nothing I suppose but I'm sure there will be a good amount of people on it

He didn't mention when they are meeting, but I bet we'll hear something within the next few weeks. Although I was bummed to learn there are so few seats left, I appreciated that he was upfront and honest about it.

He didn't mention when they are meeting, but I bet we'll hear something within the next few weeks. Although I was bummed to learn there are so few seats left, I appreciated that he was upfront and honest about it.

Yeah, that's nice that he was able to tell you at least. It'll be a suspenseful wait!

I interviewed on Friday, January 8th with roughly 18 other applicants. We were told that we would hear back with an admissions decision in two weeks. Today marks three weeks and I have yet to hear anything. Quite a suspenseful wait. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Oh wow, 19 total in your interview? There were 12-14 at ours I think. So I guess 8 spots for 34ish applicants. They might be spending their time ranking the waitlist. I bet your group will hear really soon.

I emailed Jerry McCombs on 2/2/16 regarding admissions decisions. I interviewed on January 8th. He said that the PA Department was in the process of looking at all of the applicants that have interviewed and making final admissions decisions. He said we should be receiving information regarding admissions status "in the near future".

I also emailed the program with updated transcript information on 2/4/16 and spoke on the phone with Diane Frndak. She mentioned that we would be hearing soon and that February 1st was a deposit deadline for students offered admission and they were waiting to see if anything was lost in the mail before contacting students. I'm assuming they're waiting because not depositing would open a seat and alter the ranked waitlist.

Also the program is now apparently starting a week early. It was scheduled to start on Monday, May 16th, but orientation will now begin a week prior.

That's all the info I have. Hope this helps and wishing that the near future arrives soon with good news for you guys.

Archived