Interviews 2015-2016

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have an interview on Friday. Anyone has insight about the "group interview" portion of the day?

I did one of those last year for another school. they split us into groups of about 20 (it was a big interview) and then told half of us we were to focus on AIDS and the other half cancer. They then introduced this idea that there was an exotic fruit available for developing a cure but that there was only one. Each cause had ten minutes to discuss and then the whole group of 20 reopened and you had to argue for your cause. It was a little challlenging considering how big the group was and makin sure not only that you said something, but that you offered something different. Ater there was a wrting sample and the prompt was to reflect on how you think you did and how you think that reflects on how you would perform in a group medical setting (like a conference or rounds I'm assuming).

Like I said, it was for another school so it could be very different.

I did one of those last year for another school. they split us into groups of about 20 (it was a big interview) and then told half of us we were to focus on AIDS and the other half cancer. They then introduced this idea that there was an exotic fruit available for developing a cure but that there was only one. Each cause had ten minutes to discuss and then the whole group of 20 reopened and you had to argue for your cause. It was a little challlenging considering how big the group was and makin sure not only that you said something, but that you offered something different. Ater there was a wrting sample and the prompt was to reflect on how you think you did and how you think that reflects on how you would perform in a group medical setting (like a conference or rounds I'm assuming).

Like I said, it was for another school so it could be very different.

Hmmm. I did one for MGH and there were five or six of us and we had to discuss which of a group of five people we were going to lay off from our "company" based on a paragraph of their work history and personal situation. there were 4-5 people watching us discuss. I thought I did OK but who knows what they are really looking for. Now I wonder if I talked too much, etc...

I had "group interview" once. They gave us a student's stat who applied to PA school but got rejected. Then a sheet of questions like why do you think he got rejected, what would he do when applying again, etc.? I think they want to see communication skills for these activities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi guys I received this email today. Anyone else get this email?

We are continuing to review applications and will begin holding interviews this month, with one a month thereafter through June. Your application has passed the first base-line review and is in line for a more indepth review by faculty.

You will receive a status update by email, either inviting you for one of the monthly interview sessions, or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered. All final decisions will be made by the end of June.

I got that email as well

• 2 weeks later...

I received an invite 2 days ago for an interview next Friday 3/25. I am traveling from California and trying to cut down the cost of this expensive trip. I was wondering if anyone would like to share a room, I have booked my stay at Baymont Inn (with 2 beds) from Thursday 3/24 to Saturday 3/26. If you're traveling from out of town and have an interview on 3/25, let me know if you're interested!

Also a good way to meet people and calm our nerves together before the big day :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy to know they are doing 3 more interview sessions. I'm preparing for april for the next round. I'm from Florida so I don't see me getting an interview to be honest, it seems like they want people from the area.

Until they are done with interviews, there's still hope. I'm from Texas and got the interview invite almost 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived