Question about adding an experience after submitting but before being verified

I have an upcoming experience that I want my schools to see but I don't want to wait too long to submit my application because I want it to get verified asap.

So my question is, if I submit the application and I add the experience during that time before it is verified, will all the schools still see it?

Or if I add it after my app is verified, will previous schools I've applied to receive it? Will new schools I apply to automatically receive it?

I hope this makes sense.

You should check the CASPA FAQ, but I am fairly certain that once you submit, you can not change the experience section of your application; the portions you can update after submitting are very limited (addl GRE scores, grades for IP courses although GPA won't be recalculated, supplemental info for addl schools you add, etc.). The schools where you have already applied will be notified that there has been an update. It is then up to them whether they chose to view the update (a few do not; they do state this in their application guidelines). New schools that you add will see the entire updated application when they pull it.

You should check the CASPA FAQ, but I am fairly certain that once you submit, you can not change the experience section of your application; the portions you can update after submitting are very limited (addl GRE scores, grades for IP courses although GPA won't be recalculated, supplemental info for addl schools you add, etc.). The schools where you have already applied will be notified that there has been an update. It is then up to them whether they chose to view the update (a few do not; they do state this in their application guidelines). New schools that you add will see the entire updated application when they pull it.

I have read the FAQ and it says that you can add new experiences but cannot edit old ones. Thank you for your response. I think I know what I'm going to do now :)

I have read the FAQ and it says that you can add new experiences but cannot edit old ones. Thank you for your response. I think I know what I'm going to do now :)

thanks for the update -- good to know.  :)  sounds like updating CASPA and contacting the school directly covers all bases!

so if we add new experiences after submitting do they by default show below the other experiences since the FAQS specifiy this year CASPA does not order them by reverse chronology as in previous years?

Yes... The new experience you add after submitting shows up as the last in it's designated section. I just added an experience to my Honors section, and it was last despite the date being before some of the others. I hate that CASPA took out the feature of placing them in chronological order for us, I had another section that I didn't notice I listed backwards. Hopefully it goes unnoticed.

Hope this helped.

Archived