Combined Program as a Transfer Student in 3rd year of B.S.

Hey everyone, 

I have been lurking around here for awhile, but something has come up that has potentially ramped up the process for me of applying to PA school and such, so here I am now with a question.

I am in my 3rd year of a Pre-med/Emergency Medical Care B.S. at Eastern Kentucky University.  I have been looking at the possibility of attempting to transfer into a combined B.S./M.S. program, and have seen some others get in that make me hopeful that i may have a chance.

This year is going to be a large amount of science courses, physics, chemistry, microbiology, clinical biology, etc., what I am considering doing is applying to a few schools with a combined B.S./M.S. program this year in hopes of getting in next Fall.  I intend to spend no more than 3 years straight in school if I transfer over.

So my question to you guys is do you know of any schools like that?  That have a combined or accelerated program that accepts transfer students? 

Also, do you know if the Army will pick up the pre-professional phase under its scholarship programs for healthcare providers?  I intend to go talk to my local recruiter tomorrow to see about getting into contact with AMEDD on this, but it would be a lot simpler if someone else has already chased this answer.

Thanks guys!  Any info would be great!

PA programs are pretty much already as accelerated as they can be. If you're in your 3rd year now, finish your BS (1 more yr) and apply to programs (typically 2 yrs) which would just be the 3 yrs you're willing to put in.

You'd really have to look into the joint BS/MS PA programs to determine if they accept transfers. Most PA programs don't accept previous credits as far as the masters level only programs go.

I did the same thing that you're talking about, except I was in my sophomore year in pre-med. D'Youville College has the combined BS/MS that accepted me as a transfer in my sophomore year. I begin the program officially in a week, and only have 3 years including this year until I'm finished. Total of 5 years to get my combined bachelors/masters in PA.

MLMPA, that is precisely what I am looking at doing!!   Do you mind if I PM you?

Thanks MT2PA, but I am considering this because I would like to get a guaranteed seamless transition, and I want to make sure my basic sciences are up to par for the master's program.  

Archived