2016 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a silly question but how are people planning on dressing for the first day? Only because business casual is such a vague term. I'm wondering if a cardigan is too casual or if I should just stick to a grey blazer over my blouse/skirt (wearing pant suit for actual interview so don't worry).

It's supposed to be pretty hot that day but I don't want to look under dressed either.

For anyone interviewed on 9/8-9/9, how did it go? What is the actual interview like? Any suggestion for future interviewees? 

I think a grey blazer over blouse/skirt would be better. I think cardigan is a bit too casual, I don't know. I guess it depends on how you wear it. I just tend to dress up for interviews since it is so important, haha 

The pre interview session was really laid back, and they stress that they are finding the best fit for them and you should figure out if they are the best fit for you. I really enjoyed it, but I'm not going to go in details about the questions, although they do warn you what they look for on Thursday.

Everyone wore a variety of business casual on Thursday, my cardigan was perfectly fine as my top was sleeveless. And of course we all wore the suit pants variation on friday for the business professional.

*wanted to add they said they are interviewing 74 people this year and still aiming to give calls beginning of the second week of October

Hey mtnprepa-

I have a question regarding the last statement of your post- Are their last round of interviews the second week of October or are they planning to continue calling through the second week of October?

I have tried to email Cynthia twice with a couple questions and she has not responded :(

The last round of interviews should still be 29-30. They said they don't start picking seats until all interviews are said and done, so they believe they'll take 1-2 weeks to make the final decision. Basically if you get a phone call in October, you either were accepted or on the top 5 ranked waitlist.. and if you do not get a phone call, you are not. I don't know if they rank all of the waitlist, I just know top 5-10 for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Any accepted candidates considering other options? Curious alternates would love to know :)

I will not be giving up my seat... but the first deadline to turn everything in is next Monday. So I'm sure that they will start calling alternates sometime next week after the deadline (if anyone declines the offer)

Hope that helps a little. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived