FIU Herbert Wertheim 2015-2016

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same I'm from CA. I felt like during the interview they a little dis justice to the program by not talking about what they had to offer regarding academics or rotations I'm just left with a lot of questions. I'm not sure yet I have already put down a deposit elsewhere but I received an additional acceptance last Monday in New York but I hate the cold so Miami is really enticing

I just received an acceptance e-mail. I interviewed during phase 1 in November.

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind telling me if this was their first decision after the interview, or were you initially placed on a waitlist? I'm asking because I was just placed on a waitlist and I am trying to find out more about their process. Thanks in advance! 

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind telling me if this was their first decision after the interview, or were you initially placed on a waitlist? I'm asking because I was just placed on a waitlist and I am trying to find out more about their process. Thanks in advance! 

I was placed on a waitlist as well and was wondering the same. I tried calling Chantal but she didn't pick up. 

I was initially placed on the waitlist in the beginning. I believe they only accept a few right away then reevaluated everyone after the next round of interviews. They don't deny anyone though. My understanding is that if you have been placed on the waitlist for phase II you will be reevaluated in April after phase III interviews, so you will be compared with people from phase I waitlist, phase II waitlist and phase III waitlist.

I was initially placed on the waitlist in the beginning. I believe they only accept a few right away then reevaluated everyone after the next round of interviews. They don't deny anyone though. My understanding is that if you have been placed on the waitlist for phase II you will be reevaluated in April after phase III interviews, so you will be compared with people from phase I waitlist, phase II waitlist and phase III waitlist.

Thank you for the information! Good to know! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received an email for a phase III pre-entrance exam and the interview.  Just curious, how many people are at the pre - entrance exams? and do you sign up for the interview before you take your exam (on a sheet of paper)???

I currently go to NSU in Fort Lauderdale and was put on the waitlist for NSU- Fort Myers already.  

@dpapa11 this is the outline of the exam and interview day

You will sign in and those to travelled far get to have same day interview, like me since I came from Tampa. I heard those around the area will have their interview on different days within that same week. There will roughly be 30+ individuals in one room taking the test on the computer. There is also a writing prompt. if you have same day interview, they will give you the time and location. Other than that, you can roam the campus or get some lunch before the interview or brush up on those interview skills. There will be 3 interviewers

I attended the phase I and got acceptance email on December 7th. Good luck to ya and everyone for the upcoming phase.

@dpapa11 this is the outline of the exam and interview day

You will sign in and those to travelled far get to have same day interview, like me since I came from Tampa. I heard those around the area will have their interview on different days within that same week. There will roughly be 30+ individuals in one room taking the test on the computer. There is also a writing prompt. if you have same day interview, they will give you the time and location. Other than that, you can roam the campus or get some lunch before the interview or brush up on those interview skills. There will be 3 interviewers

I attended the phase I and got acceptance email on December 7th. Good luck to ya and everyone for the upcoming phase.

@YayItsNghiaxD, thank you for the update.  on the email they said that "If you apply, your application is reviewed and everyone who meets the minimum requirements is invited for a pre-entrance exam and interview".  I was curious how many people were there because if they simply invite everyone that made the minimum requirements, then that would be a lot of people I am sure.  I guess I hope they do some weeding out and don't just invite EVERYONE who met the minimum requirements.  

Other than that I wish that I took anatomy and physiology more recently and not when I was a freshman haha.  Guess i'll start brushing up. 

Also, I am just wondering.  Is the exam going to be extremely detailed (like should I know all the cells and what they do and all the different types of tissues) or is it more like a review of the basic anatomy of the categories they provided for us?  I am studying now, but I would love to know how much detail I need to go into the systems.

Thanks,

Also, I am just wondering.  Is the exam going to be extremely detailed (like should I know all the cells and what they do and all the different types of tissues) or is it more like a review of the basic anatomy of the categories they provided for us?  I am studying now, but I would love to know how much detail I need to go into the systems.

Thanks,

Hi, I am a part of the FIU inaugural class. If they haven't changed the test from last year just know the basics (i.e. layers of the skin for integumentary system, basic structures of the heart for cardiology, etc..). Don't dive too deep, the test is to assess your basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology

Thanks,

@dpapa11 i cant discuss the details of the test; however, i can tell you my method of studying. i didnt use the book. instead, i downloaded all the chapter powerpoints from my anatomy and physio 1 & 2 classes taken at usf. we had about 22 chapters/powerpoints and i went through about 4-5 chapters a day. ofcourse try to make connections between the systems--the heart/blood/plasma circulation and hydrostatic pressure is similar to those is the kidney for urine production at the bowmans capsule....also, brush up on basic math conversions. overall, its like what the post above said, they are assessing your basic knowledge so if you can access your old anatomy and physio powerpoints, just stick with that. i hope that helps. goodluck! :)

Hello all!

I have been selected for the pre-entrance exam on March 14 and just wanted to get to know all of you! Reading the above posts helped a lot for the pre-entrance exam, but is there any advice for the interview portion?? Any advice about anything would be greatly appreciated haha!

Thank you again!!

Archived