Tips for figuring cGPA outside of CASPA?

I read on the CASPA site not to create an account until the cycle in which you will be applying opens. I'm working on prerequisites and won't be applying yet, but I would like to know what my cumulative GPA is for all of my undergrad work.

Are there any apps that would help me by letting me just plug in the data? Two of the schools I attended were on quarters, so that's slowing me down quite a bit. Any tips appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you have the time, input all post-high school classes here http://goo.gl/Or9LLy

Include all course work even if it was repeated multiple times. 

I created a CASPA application last year and I wasn't even applying. Just wanted to get a feel for it, given it has completely changed this year.

There is a faster way for all your classes to be added into CASPA but it's $100 per transcript I believe [don't quote me on that].

Even if you start your application now, CASPA doesn't calculate your GPA for you until you submit so it wouldn't even be helpful for you in that sense. I ended up spending a few hours making my own excel spreadsheet and using some vlookup codes (took me a while to learn how to do that lol) and other equations so that I could just input all of my grades and come up with a cGPA and sGPA. It was so worth it for me because I've taken classes at 6 different schools so I didn't have a solid GPA number for everything.

If you have the time, I suggest you do this. That way when you take future classes, you can just input the grade you received and it will immediately recalculate itself. I would share the spreadsheet but it's very specific to my situation so it'd take too long to make it work for others. But if you need any tips, you can let me know!

Use this guide on CASPA's FAQ website to help you. Official transcripts are also a good thing to have when you are applying for real, just an fyi for the future.

Thanks for the info and tips!

I attended 5 different schools (2 to get my first degree before meeting my husband and 3 more for my next one after we married and I moved around with him in the Air Force). And, even more fun is that the first two were quarters and the last three semesters. Lol The spreadsheet I found seems to be pretty legit and helpful, though.

Thanks again!

I just remembered another question I have if you all happen to know.

Being that the statute for science prerequisites is generally ten years, does CASPA still use those science course grades to figure your sGPA or only the sciences within the ten years?

I just remembered another question I have if you all happen to know.

Being that the statute for science prerequisites is generally ten years, does CASPA still use those science course grades to figure your sGPA or only the sciences within the ten years?

I have several classes that have "expired" due to time restrictions for programs.  Yet, it is important to note that the time frame can range from 5-10 years and every program is unique.  That being said, I just submitted this year and I believe all my courses are part of the calculation for the cGPA, with all science courses (no matter how old they may be) being calculated into the sGPA.  I hope that helps!

• Administrator

Unless one of your schools has an oddball grading system, total all your quality points and divide by your total credits.

... while converting everything else into one type of credit, usually semester hours.

Seriously, every pre-PA should build their own spreadsheet. Once you do, and you get it right, you understand GPA way more thoroughly than ever before.

Archived