Penn State Supplemental Quarter System

Hey everyone, I was an idiot and focused on the essay portion of the supplemental and didn't bother to look at the grade entry until now. I've already sent out an e-mail, but I know they take a while to e-mail back, so I was hoping someone else here has been in the same situation and can help me out.

Essentially, I went to a quarter system school, where almost all classes were 4 units/quarter. Penn requires that prerequisites be satisfied with 5-6 quarter units, and since I have an abundance of classes that fit their prereqs I figured I'd be fine listing two classes to fit that number. Come to find out that they only give me space to list one class. Does anyone know of the specific way that they want us to handle quarter system classes?

Hey everyone, I was an idiot and focused on the essay portion of the supplemental and didn't bother to look at the grade entry until now. I've already sent out an e-mail, but I know they take a while to e-mail back, so I was hoping someone else here has been in the same situation and can help me out.

Essentially, I went to a quarter system school, where almost all classes were 4 units/quarter. Penn requires that prerequisites be satisfied with 5-6 quarter units, and since I have an abundance of classes that fit their prereqs I figured I'd be fine listing two classes to fit that number. Come to find out that they only give me space to list one class. Does anyone know of the specific way that they want us to handle quarter system classes?

Hello folerol - good question, and not to worry - we will work with you on this as it's not uncommon - The secondary application pre-requisite information is simply used as a guide/starting point for the review of a candidate's file. Rest assured the committee completes a verification process utilizing your transcripts available within CASPA. My best advice as the Director of Admissions for the program is to complete the pre-req info to the best of your ability. If the pdf formatting of our secondary application is limiting, we accept candidates manually entering data if the space allotted presents a challenge. When you mail in our application, you are also most welcome to include a separate word doc that details the multiple courses that satisfy our pre-reqs from your quarter system. 

We look forward to receiving your secondary in the near future. Best wishes!

Caryn Stopper, M.Ed.

Penn State PA Program 

Archived