Chances in being accepted?

Hi my name is Jenny and I'm 22 years old, pursing the career of a PA. I'm currently an undergrad at CUNY Brooklyn College, soon graduating with a B.A. in biology. My current cumulative GPA is 3.82, with a major GPA of 3.81.

I am certified as a NYS EMT-B, and nationally certified as a Phlebotomist/EKG.

HCE: 700hrs as a volunteer crew chief EMT, 200hrs as a paid EMT for a private company, 200hrs as a hospital volunteer in the general medical surgical unit, 150hrs of shadowing a Critical Care/Trauma PA in NYC.

Extracurricular activities: 4-year member/captain of the Brooklyn College (BC) swim team, member of the Student-Athlete Advisory Club at BC, accumulated approx. 175 hrs of community service through NYCares, BC Tutor in A&P I & II, BC Research Assistant in BC Microbiology dept., and a student member of NYSSPA.

Is there anything more one would recommend me working on, such as another certification or so?

Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Jenny,

No other certification needed, but if you're interested in EM then I would recommend PALS and ACLS (for personal growth-  not resume buffers). 

You have a pretty good shot at PA school unless you're socially awkward and completely bomb the interviews. 

Get paid HCE and you're golden.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived