2015-2016 Applicants

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten an invitation to interview? Last I had checked they pushed it out from this week to the first week in December. I know they have already started weeding through apps and sending rejection letters as they go through other friends who applied this year. 

UPDATE: As of 11/30 the estimated date for invitations to interview going out is "late this week or early next week".

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone interviewed for this program before? Do have any tips? What other things should we expect besides what they have emailed us? Any advice helps, thank you!

I have interviewed two years ago. The interview in Tulsa is less intense than OKC (according to those who have interviewed both places) but I still felt like I was drilled in there. I had one of my interviewers bring up a calculus class I had dropped in 2010 that I took the next semester and made an 'A' in. So be prepared to answer questions related to your transcript. You will get the opportunity to visit with students who are already enrolled. When I went I was one of the first who was able to interview (I was in a room with two interviewers) so I was able to interview then get out. Looking back I might have stayed for a tour had my interview not went so terrible; I knew before I closed the door there was NO chance I would be admitted.

I have interviewed two years ago. The interview in Tulsa is less intense than OKC (according to those who have interviewed both places) but I still felt like I was drilled in there. I had one of my interviewers bring up a calculus class I had dropped in 2010 that I took the next semester and made an 'A' in. So be prepared to answer questions related to your transcript. You will get the opportunity to visit with students who are already enrolled. When I went I was one of the first who was able to interview (I was in a room with two interviewers) so I was able to interview then get out. Looking back I might have stayed for a tour had my interview not went so terrible; I knew before I closed the door there was NO chance I would be admitted.

Thank you very much for that information! Good luck to you :)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Interviewed this morning- the set up is as follows:

-Interviews start at 9:30 and are scheduled every 30 minutes.

-2-3 interviewers in every room who interview 1 student at a time

-very laid back

-all questions that were to be expected

The decisions will be made by Friday- per a faculty member- but they tell you 2 weeks time to hear. If you are in you should hear by phone call by late next week. If you are an alternate or rejected, you will hear by the 2 weeks. Also they said the class before us was made up of 6 alternates, which is good odds if you are an alternate!

Called this morning (I am sure they are sick of me ;) ) and was told that acceptance calls will go out Wednesday. Those offered have 10 days to accept, some of which will use the full time hearing from OKC or other schools. After they pass calls will go out to the alternates. Letters of waitlist/rejection will be next week.

Archived