david89

licensing in California

Hello all

• CA license
  • DEA #
  • NPI #

Just to make sure i don't forget anything. what else do i need to apply for in order to officially practice medicine in CA?

Thank you

hii

do you know how long it takes for the NPI number to be emailed? the website says 15 days but i heard it's really fast, like 2-3 days? is that true?, i applied 2 days ago

I just passed my PANCE and am a little confused about applying for the NPI. I've been in school out of state so I'm not sure how this goes in Califronia. 

Do we have to have a job already in order to apply for the NPI? I'm looking at the online application and it looks like they want a practice location address/phone number.

You can apply for the NPI without a job. From what I know, we just need to turn in the NPI audit that comes in the mail in order to fulfill the requirements for the state licensing. That's what I was told when I contacted the Ca PA board about licensing requirements a month ago or so. 

So we don't do the NPI online application? Do we call to get it mailed?

Also, what do you put for EIN / Organization name, etc if you don't have a job in place yet?

You still full out the NPI online application. They will mail you an NPI audit. You send that in along with all other documentation such as healthcare certifications and etc. When I spoke with the PA board they told me to do the paper application versus the online application because you're still are going to have to mail everything in anyways.

Maybe someone can chime in as well?