Do we include CPR on CASPA?

• 1 month later...
Gothca, thanks. I will take it off then just in case :( ...was hoping I would have that going for me lol

You should always be CPR certified, for the rest of your life. No offense, but I'm surprised you didn't think to keep it current if only for the sake of being able to list it on your application. You always want to be the best you can be, presentation wise, or even just be ready for the chance of being such.

One other thing ... while your excitement about applying for PA school is understandable, you're not accepted yet and you're nowhere near being a PA ... so you need to change your title here to pre-PA. Good luck.

I'm actually surprised CPR is not required by all schools for admission. I've seen it required for some. I can't think of any hospital patient care position that doesn't require CPR as part of their job description. To think that I'll have to learn CPR with my classmates in PA school is sad.

I'm actually surprised CPR is not required by all schools for admission. I've seen it required for some. I can't think of any hospital patient care position that doesn't require CPR as part of their job description. To think that I'll have to learn CPR with my classmates in PA school is sad.

It'll be an easy day to rest your brain?

Though there are probably reasons for the group re-cert from an administrative standpoint. They probably want everybody to have the same cert date so that they don't have to worry about expired certs for clinicals... just my guess though.

One other thing ... while your excitement about applying for PA school is understandable, you're not accepted yet and you're nowhere near being a PA ... so you need to change your title here to pre-PA. Good luck.

Does my title not say Pre-PA? Far as I can see it does? (not trying to be sarcastic, just confused?)

• 3 weeks later...

What you want is the American Heart Association one. That is the one that is required by most health care organizations. There are others, like American Red Cross, and the American Safety and Health Institute, but the AHA "BLS for Healthcare providers" is the one you want.

What you want is the American Heart Association one. That is the one that is required by most health care organizations. There are others, like American Red Cross, and the American Safety and Health Institute, but the AHA "BLS for Healthcare providers" is the one you want.

Should I do a CPR/AED or try to do one with First Aid as well? Also does it matter if it is just adults or peds as well?

thanks

When I got mine it was one course for cpr/aed and another one for first aid. I don't think you can go wrong with also doing first aid.

I don't get what you mean by adults or peds. Your cpr course should teach you how to work with adults and children/babies

Should I do a CPR/AED or try to do one with First Aid as well? Also does it matter if it is just adults or peds as well?

thanks

When I got mine it was one course for cpr/aed and another one for first aid. I don't think you can go wrong with also doing first aid.

I don't get what you mean by adults or peds. Your cpr course should teach you how to work with adults and children/babies

Archived