Application for Fall 2016

hey it was nothing you can prepare for; nothing related to the profession. I thought it was more of a GRE type of reading passage and analytical qs after. They basically gave you some information and asked whether the conclusion/accusations made are accurate or not. asked whether there was any additional information needed to make the conclusion accurate. 

good luck on your interview

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey it was nothing you can prepare for; nothing related to the profession. I thought it was more of a GRE type of reading passage and analytical qs after. They basically gave you some information and asked whether the conclusion/accusations made are accurate or not. asked whether there was any additional information needed to make the conclusion accurate. 

good luck on your interview

thank you!!! so basically situational questions? 

Hi all, I'm a current 1st year student inthe York program and just wanted to pass this info along from our Admissions coordinator:

If interested, there are two more Open House sessions at York College this month.

The PA Program will have answer/question sessions at the Science Building on:

Fri, April 22nd, 2016 6:00PM-8:00PM Room SC-133

Weds, April 27th, 2016 12:00PM - 1:50PM Room SC-131

The address to the campus is: 94-20 Guy R Brewer Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11451 Just need to bring a form of ID for CUNY security to sign you in.

If you have any questions for the current class, please feel free to post or PM... my classmates and I would be happy to help out anyway we can.

March 28, and received the acceptance on April 1st. I couldn't believe it was so fast. I recommend everyone who is still waiting for an interview to go to their open house. I went to all of them. They help you a lot.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Guest PA4111

March 28, and received the acceptance on April 1st. I couldn't believe it was so fast. I recommend everyone who is still waiting for an interview to go to their open house. I went to all of them. They help you a lot.

It was a very different interview experience than what ive experienced from other schools. Went to the PA office, signed in and was directed to a confrence room in the basement. Interviewed for 15-20 mins with 2 faculty then went to a different room to complete a writing portion and that was it. I was the only one there and a girl before me who was finishing up; so they interview 1 student per time slot and im assuming from the sign in sheet - 3 per day. But there was no orientation, no tour of the campus, no talking with other students - it was just different. But no there was no information how many students they accepted or how many seats are available. Good luck on your interview though, seems like a very close nit program; the faculty were really nice!! Good luck

Did you get positive feedback from the interviewers?

Its not professional to give any sort of feedback to and interviewee while an interview is happening. No matter which school you interview at, they are carefull not to relay any emotions. I couldnt pick up on anything. I was just told how great of a story one of my experiences was i discussed about - nothing else.

Guest PA4111

They do it with everyone, if you don't get accepted in a week that means they are interviewing more candidates and comparing you with the others

That's good to know. Good they told you they do it that way. Can't get any details when calling for an update.

Guest PA4111

Don't call, you won't get much info. I Highly RECOMMEND YOU TO GO TO THEIR OPEN HOUSE. I WENT TO ALL OF THEM. And they told me why my application was in hold.

Your application is on hold? I thought you got accepted in 4 days?

Guest PA4111

My application was in hold until the middle of March, then the day I went to the open house, they checked my application and lifted the hold. When they called me for interview I only had couple days to prepare

Congratulations, Kailin.

I had an interview but haven't heard anything from them.  It is definitely a bummer since most people I think have heard yes and York is my first choice.  Did you make a decision, @akaur08?  I know you mentioned they set the deadline to let them know for today.  Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted!

I had an interview but haven't heard anything from them.  It is definitely a bummer since most people I think have heard yes and York is my first choice.  Did you make a decision, @akaur08?  I know you mentioned they set the deadline to let them know for today.  Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted!

Hey, yeah i accepted the offer and sent the deposit in the mail =] Good luck to you. when was you interview? 

Archived