Application for Fall 2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually will apply this cycle and no the GRE wasn't a requirement before. This is all new, they used to not be on CASPA so thatsnew also.  They still require you to go on the CUNY website and fill out a transfer application also.

Yeah I won't be applying here because of the GRE requirement. I will apply to CUNY-City though. Do you know if we have to go to CUNY-portal and apply from there to the Sophie Davis program? They still need to update the website on applying and if it will be a master or a bachelor's degree in 2016. Thanks and all the best :) 

EDIT: Nevermind. I just called Cuny-City and they should have an updated website within a week. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi PA. Med, 

I'm a current didactic student at York. My class had a gpa average in the upper 3s. There are a few radiologists, a medic, someone with a Master's degree in Bio Chem and a few straight out of their first run in college with very limited experience.

Put the work in, get A's in your sciences, connect with people well wherever you shadow or work and you should have a good chance. Do NOT get obsessed with stats. If you have a few holes in your app, be ready to answer tough questions in the interview. Now that CUNY has gone to CASPA, GPA is your best ticket for getting an interview, so again, work hard!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone received an email confirmation that their application was received? I applied in mid october/november haven't heard anything back from this program even though their deadline was January 15. 

Hi akaur08,

I haven't received an email confirmation for my application yet, but received about 3 emails inviting me to open houses, so I assume that this means I am on the listserv and that they have my application.  If you received those emails, I would say you are probably in the clear, but it definitely couldn't hurt to shoot them an email and ask! Let me know what they say if you do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how did it go? did they give any details of if they chose any students so far?

It was a very different interview experience than what ive experienced from other schools. Went to the PA office, signed in and was directed to a confrence room in the basement. Interviewed for 15-20 mins with 2 faculty then went to a different room to complete a writing portion and that was it. I was the only one there and a girl before me who was finishing up; so they interview 1 student per time slot and im assuming from the sign in sheet - 3 per day. But there was no orientation, no tour of the campus, no talking with other students - it was just different. But no there was no information how many students they accepted or how many seats are available. Good luck on your interview though, seems like a very close nit program; the faculty were really nice!! Good luck

It was a very different interview experience than what ive experienced from other schools. Went to the PA office, signed in and was directed to a confrence room in the basement. Interviewed for 15-20 mins with 2 faculty then went to a different room to complete a writing portion and that was it. I was the only one there and a girl before me who was finishing up; so they interview 1 student per time slot and im assuming from the sign in sheet - 3 per day. But there was no orientation, no tour of the campus, no talking with other students - it was just different. But no there was no information how many students they accepted or how many seats are available. Good luck on your interview though, seems like a very close nit program; the faculty were really nice!! Good luck

oh wow, that is very different. Must feel better to have it over with!! Would you say the questions that they asked you were typical/generic PA school interview questions? nothing out of the ordinary? Thank you and good luck to you too! :)

oh wow, that is very different. Must feel better to have it over with!! Would you say the questions that they asked you were typical/generic PA school interview questions? nothing out of the ordinary? Thank you and good luck to you too! :)

Yes definately generic PA questions, nothing out of the ordinary! They will ask you pop up questions reguarding your resume or application if something catches their eye so be sure you know everything you submitted them. But other than that, generic questions.

Hi all,

If interested, there is an Open House at York College tomorrow.

The PA Program will have an answer/question session at the Science Building Room SC-133.

Friday, March 25th, 2016 6:00PM - 8:00PM

The address to the campus is:

94-20 Guy R Brewer Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11451

Just need to bring a form of ID for CUNY security to sign you in.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes definately generic PA questions, nothing out of the ordinary! They will ask you pop up questions reguarding your resume or application if something catches their eye so be sure you know everything you submitted them. But other than that, generic questions.

HI, if you don't mind, can you please share what kind of short essay questions they asked after the interview? thank you so much in advance

Archived