Navy HPSP/HCSP Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They usually will meet a few times between the end of October through end of December. I believe they do meet once in January for alternates but I'm not certain of that. The sooner you apply the sooner you will get results. It is per say set up like a rolling admissions "first come, first serve." Your results will be pro board "yes" or "no". After the primary spots are filled, then results will be pro board "yes, 1st alternate, 2nd alternate, etc."

Congrats! Yeah, I was picked up last cycle barely..lol Thats why these other guys and I harp on getting your package sent off as soon as possible. Sometimes its not your fought (like in my case), but you got to annoy the hell out of your recruiter to make sure they keep checking on your package even after you submit. Most packages will be sent back for minor adjustments and if your recruiter is not checking his/her inbox, that could be the resting decision of you getting picked up or not. They will send "message traffic" to your recruiter to fix something or more documentation needed for this or that. So, keep hounding them even after submission (every couple weeks or so). Good luck!  

Hi everyone!

I've read many of the previous recent posts about being accepted or being on the alternate list for HSCP already. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the entire process of applying for HSCP. Have applications for the 2016 fiscal year been reviewed already or are the previous posts referring to the 2015 cycle?

I spoke to my recruiter and he wouldn't want to start working with me until I get my acceptance letter. After reading the previous posts, I'm freaking out a little because I want to maximize my chances of getting HSCP as much as possible (in other words, have my application sent in ASAP). My first interview is next Wednesday and I probably won't hear any news for 4-6 weeks after my interview date. Based on the previous posts, I probably should push my recruiter to get me started on the application already. Would it be too late to apply by the time if I get my acceptance letter (at the latest, first week of December)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Congrats! Yeah, I was picked up last cycle barely..lol Thats why these other guys and I harp on getting your package sent off as soon as possible. Sometimes its not your fought (like in my case), but you got to annoy the hell out of your recruiter to make sure they keep checking on your package even after you submit. Most packages will be sent back for minor adjustments and if your recruiter is not checking his/her inbox, that could be the resting decision of you getting picked up or not. They will send "message traffic" to your recruiter to fix something or more documentation needed for this or that. So, keep hounding them even after submission (every couple weeks or so). Good luck!  

I can't say anything about the HSCP, but I did get the Air Force HPSP a few years ago. I absolutely agree with applying as early as possible. I didn't find out about these programs until I was well into my first year of PA school. I first visited my recruiter in April and, luckily, a few spots had randomly (and suddenly) opened up around that time. I received word that I got scholarship about a month and a half later.

So I'd say that if you have any interest in this program (the HSCP....I don't think HPSP is being offered to PAs anymore), I suggest you jump on it quickly. You never know what opportunities are opening up as we speak!

Hi everyone!

I've read many of the previous recent posts about being accepted or being on the alternate list for HSCP already. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the entire process of applying for HSCP. Have applications for the 2016 fiscal year been reviewed already or are the previous posts referring to the 2015 cycle?

I spoke to my recruiter and he wouldn't want to start working with me until I get my acceptance letter. After reading the previous posts, I'm freaking out a little because I want to maximize my chances of getting HSCP as much as possible (in other words, have my application sent in ASAP). My first interview is next Wednesday and I probably won't hear any news for 4-6 weeks after my interview date. Based on the previous posts, I probably should push my recruiter to get me started on the application already. Would it be too late to apply by the time if I get my acceptance letter (at the latest, first week of December)?

Thanks so much in advance!

You'd be pushing it, but its possible. Like you said, you should push your recruiter to begin the paperwork sooner than later. All recruiters aren't created equal and so you'll find some that will and some that won't. If they tell you flat out that they cant start your paperwork before you get an acceptance letter, they're lying.

Thanks Caleb_jo! Did you have to jump through hoops to get your years of service to count? Which branch were you in?

Its not that. Its just PSD doesn't really know our program. They don't know what to do with us really. It's been a hassle trying to get my back pay from them just paying me E-6 with 0 YOS instead of nine. I was prior Navy. I actually applied to HSCP while on active duty but also put in for an early out (just in case). I had spent so much money already applying/going to interviews that I was going to PA school with or without the Navy. I got picked up 10 days after I separated...

You'd be pushing it, but its possible. Like you said, you should push your recruiter to begin the paperwork sooner than later. All recruiters aren't created equal and so you'll find some that will and some that won't. If they tell you flat out that they cant start your paperwork before you get an acceptance letter, they're lying.

You're right. My original recruiter seemed like he really wasn't willing to. He also acted surprised that I told him I know people who started working on their application well before they got an acceptance letter. Needless to say, I spoke to a different recruiter and he was willing to start my packet before I get my acceptance, and he appeared to have more sense of urgency for me to get started now than later.

Thanks for the tip!!

• 1 month later...

Its not that. Its just PSD doesn't really know our program. They don't know what to do with us really. It's been a hassle trying to get my back pay from them just paying me E-6 with 0 YOS instead of nine. I was prior Navy. I actually applied to HSCP while on active duty but also put in for an early out (just in case). I had spent so much money already applying/going to interviews that I was going to PA school with or without the Navy. I got picked up 10 days after I separated...

Your situation is awesome, man. You could just do 10 more years and retire as an O-4 (which means that you'll meet exactly one promotion board). For us young'ns to retire, we would have to be at least an O-5, which is pretty difficult to do as a PA, from what I've heard.

Yeah I agree.. It seems at least for the Navy they are advancing PAs a little more than in the past but still tough... All I want is O-4 and I'll be happy.. I'm still a young'n too. lol I'm still in my golden twenties

Nice man. Yeah, I'm in my twenties too. Unfortunately, if you are not prior enlisted, you will likely be forced out unless you make O-5.

Also, kudos for going HSCP as opposed to IPAP. Much better deal, imo.

Diddo.. I get have my hair long, grow a beard, not wear a uniform, get 60 days of free leave, and got promoted (was an E-5)...lolol I chose a civilian program over IPAP for a number of reasons to say the least..

Technically your (previously "my") contract stipulates you have to be within regulations at all times ;) not that I even knew what they were at the time.

Does anyone know when the next board is supposed to meet? My recruiter said she doesn't know...she said they will either meet in Dec or Jan. I'm not in a big hurry since the program I'm going to doesn't start until May, just curious if anyone had any details?

No one knows since they haven't made any announcements, but generally, application packages would be picked up by December 1st if they were meeting this month. My recruiter told me it is likely that they won't meet until January 2016.

No one knows since they haven't made any announcements, but generally, application packages would be picked up by December 1st if they were meeting this month. My recruiter told me it is likely that they won't meet until January 2016.

Thanks. Where would announcements be found, if they do make an announcement? Did you apply this year too? If so, good luck to you!

Thanks. Where would announcements be found, if they do make an announcement? Did you apply this year too? If so, good luck to you!

If anything, recruiters are the first to hear any news. I don't think you could find it anywhere else. And I did apply this year! Best of luck to you too :) if you do hear anything, keep us posted!

Archived