Problems with CASPA customer service?

Hi all, new to the forum here. I just e-submitted my application to most of my programs, which proved to be a much more stressful process than I originally thought due to some huge communitation problems with CASPA's customer service. Over the past few weeks, I have emailed them about 4 times regarding some questions I had but haven't gotten a single response from anybody. Calling them isn't better, either. I've yet to speak with an actual human being at CASPA customer service after calling three days straight; the only voice I hear is an automated message saying that due to high caller volume, they won't be able to talk to me and it hangs up. This might have been slightly overboard but on one day, I called every 15 minutes for several hours and still got the same message.

As you all know, completing this application can already be pretty stressful, and this lack of communication on CASPA's end has added some unecessary frustration to the process for me. Has anybody at all had these problems or is it just me?

This may sound super type A but call them like 30 times in a row. You will eventually get through. Contacting them has been a nightmare. Spent my measely 30 min lunch break at work on the phone waiting, only to have my call lose signal because the hospital is like a huge dead zone. There was a survey at the end of the process and that was my only issue with the CASPA.

Has anyone had problems with CASPA? YES! Because of their IT issues I missed a deadline AND my essay locked before it was complete which may ruin my chances. I'm still waiting for them to fix my essay problem. They told me they have bigger issues to deal with right now so I have to wait. Needless to say I'm very unhappy with this process.

What I have learned through this process-

1. You have to call the minute they open, it's the only way to get through. So if you're on the west coast it means 6am on the dot.

2. The only people that have been able to do anything (other than give me a generic response or wrong information) are supervisors. You have to be persistent (they don't want to transfer you to a supervisor probably because they're busy)

3. Emails NEVER get answered. I've sent at least 10 starting back in May and have never received a response other than generic ones about unrelated topics.

Good luck, you're not alone.

Has anyone had problems with CASPA? YES! Because of their IT issues I missed a deadline AND my essay locked before it was complete which may ruin my chances. I'm still waiting for them to fix my essay problem. They told me they have bigger issues to deal with right now so I have to wait. Needless to say I'm very unhappy with this process.

What I have learned through this process-

1. You have to call the minute they open, it's the only way to get through. So if you're on the west coast it means 6am on the dot.

2. The only people that have been able to do anything (other than give me a generic response or wrong information) are supervisors. You have to be persistent (they don't want to transfer you to a supervisor probably because they're busy)

3. Emails NEVER get answered. I've sent at least 10 starting back in May and have never received a response other than generic ones about unrelated topics.

Good luck, you're not alone.

Your essay locked?? How is that not a big issue. I would have raised hell lol!

You are definitely not alone... CASPA has been very frustrating due to application issues and the lack of customer service email and phone.  I too found that calling repeatedly will eventually get you through but you must be ready to sit on hold for 30 minutes. I wish everyone good luck and hopefully CASPA errors wont prevent anyone from being successful. 

I have raised hell, as much as I could!! I finally was in touch with someone who had me email my finalized essay and he said he would work on getting it updated. My incomplete essay is still in there for all to see. The CASPA supervisor who is working on it had me email the schools with my updated essay (which looks even worse in my opinion). I forwarded his email to one school (Davis) with my updated essay and emailed me back saying their admission committee would decide if they wanted to use my updated essay or not. Honestly I kind of gave up fighting it (I'm not sure what else I can do), and I just hope they fix it soon.

Archived