2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I'm interviewing on Jan 9th as well. I was just reading the email that suggested bringing boots and a coat. Is this like winter/hiking boots or are people still trying to find something that will look good with a suit? I'm coming from New York, but I'm a Floridian not used to winter yet.

I am coming from Florida so I understand. I am wearing snow boots for the walk-around and going to bring a messenger bag to put the boots in and change into my shoes for the interview. I can't think of a better solution but that is all I can find online from Northerners who are seasoned in interviewing in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview invite. I am a current first year student at the program, and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

M.Will, thanks for the offer. Would you mind divulging your undergrad major, which class(es) were your most challenging in undergrad, and which have been your most challening this first year at Le Moyne? Thank you in advance.

Also, any info you can/care to share about the interview would be most helpful and appreciated! 

M.Will, thanks for the offer. Would you mind divulging your undergrad major, which class(es) were your most challenging in undergrad, and which have been your most challening this first year at Le Moyne? Thank you in advance.

Also, any info you can/care to share about the interview would be most helpful and appreciated!

Aawilson,

I was a psychology undergrad, but had three other associate's degrees in criminal justice, general studies with a concentration in bio, and liberal arts. My most challenging classes in undergrad were neuroanatomy and biochemistry. Honestly, every class has been great this first semester, all with different aspects that make them difficult. The hardest part for me has been time management for each class. The subjects the first semester are not inherently difficult, but a 22 credit load makes it a bit harder, although not impossible. Not sure if that makes any sense.

As for interview tips, I would suggest reading through the programs mission statement and curriculum. Also, I recommend looking through the bios for the faculty, since you will meet a few of them at the interview and one for your one-on-one interview.

Hope that answers your questions.

Aawilson,

I was a psychology undergrad, but had three other associate's degrees in criminal justice, general studies with a concentration in bio, and liberal arts. My most challenging classes in undergrad were neuroanatomy and biochemistry. Honestly, every class has been great this first semester, all with different aspects that make them difficult. The hardest part for me has been time management for each class. The subjects the first semester are not inherently difficult, but a 22 credit load makes it a bit harder, although not impossible. Not sure if that makes any sense.

As for interview tips, I would suggest reading through the programs mission statement and curriculum. Also, I recommend looking through the bios for the faculty, since you will meet a few of them at the interview and one for your one-on-one interview.

Hope that answers your questions.

M.Will, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing! I haven't taken neuroanatomy, but I agree that a year's worth of biochem was very challenging, indeed. It sounds like your first year of learning has been enjoyable, and I'm glad to hear it. Take care, thanks again. Alicia

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview invite. I am a current first year student at the program, and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

M.Will, how is the campus and surrounding areas? What were some of the unique aspects appealing to you during the interview process? I sent a deposit to save my seat at LIU Brooklyn, however I'm not opposed to checking out Le Moyne. Thanks, Brendan.

M.Will, how is the campus and surrounding areas? What were some of the unique aspects appealing to you during the interview process? I sent a deposit to save my seat at LIU Brooklyn, however I'm not opposed to checking out Le Moyne. Thanks, Brendan.

Hey Brendan,

I love the campus, it is one of the reasons I chose LeMoyne. The building that the physician assistant students are in (shared with some undergrads too)  is a recently renovated building. As far as the surrounding areas, as with any city there are some great parts and some parts I avoid. The great thing about Syracuse is that even if you are a bit aways from campus (I am about 15 miles out), it never takes me longer than 20 minutes to get to campus. Most of my classmates are within 10 minutes of the campus, but I wanted to be in a more suburb type environment (there is plenty of options for housing if you prefer that). Also, depending on where you are coming from rent is extremely reasonable, which is important if you have to pay for your living expenses. As far as the interview goes, there were two things I really enjoyed about the process that made it unique. The first being how organized LeMoyne was. They had the day planned out, with very little down time. This made the day fly by and helped decrease the nerves a bit. The second thing was how personable the faculty and other students were. It sounds strange, but I knew as soon as I interviewed at LeMoyne that was where I wanted to go.

Hope this helps with your present situation, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Congratulations on getting accepted at LIU Brooklyn!

M. Will

Archived