Question: How much paid time off do you get?

Guest snoverdj

Guest snoverdj

How much paid time off (PTO) does everyone get out there in the ortho world?

I currently get:

15 days vacation

6 days sick-leave

5 days for CME

Total = 26 days of PTO

(not including the usual 6 holidays per year = New Year, Memorial, July 4th, Labor, Thanksgiving, Christmas)

Looking at AAPA data from the census, the average is:

18 days vacation

10 days sick-leave

6 days for CME

Total = 34 days of PTO (not sure if this includes the 6 major holidays)

What are your thoughts???

reference:

http://www.aapa.org/research/InformationUpdates0/08FringeBenefits2008.pdf

vacation 20 days (goes to 25 at year 5)

sick 5 days

CME 5 days

holidays 9 days (why bother counting.... but they do)

Personal 5 (I think)

but the best part is they roll it all together (cept for CME) into Earned Time Off - this is GREAT as I would never take 5 sick days and or 5 personal days.....but at ETO it builds up quick and rolls ove year to year!!

vacation 14 days

cme 0 days

sick 0 days

holidays 0 days

personal 0 days

docs in my group also get the same deal. it's em though so we can"flex time" whenever we want. I can work 14 days in a row and take the rest of the month off if I want without losing any money.

I struck the mother load at my job. I started with 4 weeks of combined time off accrued over the entire year, plus 6 holidays, 1 week CME. The hospital just restructured the MLP's in the system. I now have 5 weeks of vacation available from day one. Still have the 6 holidays. No specific sick time though...but we do have professional time. Basically it means if you really need a day, whether because your sick or because you have a personal issue, you can take one based on "professional courtesy", but they put an emphasis on being professional about it. I still have my 1 week of CME time. I think this is a great deal since i have only been at my job for 3 months!

The question is, does anyone in an Ortho practice really get to take there 4 weeks of vacation or call in sick.

I have lots of vacation and take what I can, but taking a month off would be tough. Also, I can't see telling my surgeon that I need to take a personal day on a day that we have 8 cases. I guess it just is about using common sense on when to take your days.

• 1 year later...
Guest roymiller

I work on the administrative staff at a school. We get 20 days to use in the Summer and then during the year, we get half of all school breaks. For example, we get half of the days off at Spring Break and Winter Break. It's awesome! Then we have our personal days and sick days. I love my job.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived