pa_nc

Touro Winthrop start Jan 2016

I got a confirmation saying it's being reviewed and I'll hear back the latest by December for Winthrop I believe. March for Bayshore and manhattan. This was on 6/2 when I got these emails. I submitted mid may.

If you look at the previous year you get interviews extremely late for Bayshore and Manhattan anyways.

I just submitted my app for Winthrop, crossing all my fingers.  I am considering applying for the Manhattan campus also, but the length of the program is deterring me.

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum but I talked to Jen a couple weeks ago and she told me that she would be sending the first bunch of apps to the review committee during the first week of September. I am waiting for my app to be verified by caspa but I am hoping to attend the Winthrop campus this Janurary!! 

Does anyone have physician (not PA) shadowing hours? How strict are they about this requirement? I have plenty of hours shadowing a physician but not as many with a PA.

Pretty sure it has to be a PA. That's a pretty big requirement that most programs won't overlook unfortunately.

We should be hearing back within the next week or so.

it's crazy that the deadline still isn't for another month and this program starts in January! aka people can still apply...

i know a girl who graduated from this program about a year ago and she didn't interview until december! that seems to be really cutting it close..

yeah December seems so far away! I know another girl from that same class who interviewed late October, so maybe there's some hope there!

Just got an update! Looks like they've only had one set of interviews so far. They started late this year so we might not hear back for a while. Good luck everyone! 

hi everyone, i interviewed at bayshore campus for the winthrop extension on 10/14 with 12-14 other students. the interview started at 12.30 and lasted til 2pm. heres the layout of the interview: the usual speech about the program from the director and then 3-4 students were called at a time for the interview. the interview was conducted by 2 graduated pas per student. there will be a writing session afterward. i dont know about others, but mine was a very relaxing one. like usual, it was more of a conversations which lasted about 10-15 mins, but then again who knows...lol. of course, assuming you guys will get the same location for the interview for WEC. I dont know how many sessions they have conducted, but i know for sure our wasnt their first. a staff made a comment about the group before was more talkative. good luck to all :)