Applying this cycle: which type of HCE is better?

Hi everyone! I am hoping to get advice as to what type of job I should take this year while I am applying to PA school. I have just graduated from a Master's program, I have 2500 hours as a medical assistant, 5500 hours as a pharmacy technician, 330 hours shadowing, 775 volunteer hours and 120 hours in clinical research. I currently have two job offers and I'm not sure which I should take. The first is a clinical research job in which I would be working directly with a PA, gain patient care experience through informed consent, taking EKG's and blood draws. The salary is $38,0000, working 5 days a week, though I have been told by other PRA's that they work signficantly more than 40 hours per week. The second position is a medical assistant for a women's healthcare clinic, working 4 days a week, with 10 hour shifts. I would assist with procures, learn blood draws and have a lot of direct patient care. This job is paid hourly at $16 per hour. I would have an extra day per week to possibly shadow or volunteer.

I was wondering which position PA schools will find more impressive, or if I should go a completely different route? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

You already have plenty of HCE so do whatever is most fulfilling?

agree. 2500 hrs as an MA in 2015 will get you in anywhere, although I am wondering how you were an MA for 18 months already and never learned how to do ekgs and blood draws(?) aren't these still core skills for all MAs along with IM injections, etc.?

Thank you all for the responses! Yes, I submitted my applications in May. I was not sure if would matter during interviews which position I take. Also, I am not a certified Medical Assistant, as in I learned skills necessary for the jobs I was doing. I worked in Orthopaedics and Physiatry, neither of which required blood draws nor EKG's in office. I appreciafe the time each of you took to respond to me, it has really helped me in deciding! I am 99% sure I am going to take the Clinical Research position!

Archived