Physician Assistant as a Community Leader

So I was wondering, but are there PAs that operates as a community leader? I usually see MD/DO/RNs working as a community leader in the position as a Health Officer and Medical Officer, but can PAs hold any positions such as Health Officer or Community Leader with such degrees as a MPH and/or DrPH....just curious.

So I was wondering, but are there PAs that operates as a community leader? I usually see MD/DO/RNs working as a community leader in the position as a Health Officer and Medical Officer, but can PAs hold any positions such as Health Officer or Community Leader with such degrees as a MPH and/or DrPH....just curious.

sure. the county coroner for pueblo, co is a PA

Perhaps Associate Medical Director, Assistant Medical Director, Deputy Medical Director, Senior Health Officer, Chief PA. You may need to create something.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I've been both a chief PA and an Associate chief for an emergency dept. Wouldn't do it again unless I could set the terms. Have turned down the opportunity twice since the last time I did it over 10 years ago. working until 2 am and having to be at mandatory 7 am mtgs, followed by work again until 2 am at least once/week just didn't cut it.

I've been both a chief PA and an Associate chief for an emergency dept. Wouldn't do it again unless I could set the terms. Have turned down the opportunity twice since the last time I did it over 10 years ago. working until 2 am and having to be at mandatory 7 am mtgs, followed by work again until 2 am just didn't cut it.

That is pretty amazing, on the part of taking a leadership role within the medical field. I honestly, would of not fathomed that a PA could take a position such as that. I honestly have only seen nurses and physicians taking a role such as that. But, I am honestly more curious in leadership positions in the public, such as a medical health officer. I just had a mentor (MD) and I saw him at work and damn that's a dream job where one can affect multiple individuals at the stroke of a pen. I know as an associate director of an ER you can have the same effect as well, but to a limited extent meaning to those that are seeking medical advice and services. I am kind of interested in affecting individuals in a both active and passive kind of sense. FYI, not a PA yet, just one who has a MPH applying to PA school in a few weeks who is also aiming to obtain a DrPH afterwards....

Archived