2015-2016 cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  I was at the Oct. 23rd interview and was accepted.  Anyone else?  I was hoping some current students could shed some light on the program, pros and cons, why to choose St. Francis, etc.  Have a few other offers and feel like I can't make a decision!  Any advice/help would be AWESOME!  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  I was at the Oct. 23rd interview and was accepted.  Anyone else?  I was hoping some current students could shed some light on the program, pros and cons, why to choose St. Francis, etc.  Have a few other offers and feel like I can't make a decision!  Any advice/help would be AWESOME!  Thanks!

I am a current student of the program.  This program is a lot different than other programs you may be thinking about going to.  The program is PBL based, which depending on your learning style, could be good or bad.  I like it because I learn in a more practical way vs. lecture based courses.  You will still have lecture based courses, but a lot of the program is working in groups of fellow class members and teaching each other things.  Also, Dr. Easley is new to the staff and just retired as a Physician.  It is great having so many clinicians on staff to help you learn and guide you to how things are actually done in real practice vs. just being taught what "could" happen.  The class size is small with only 25 students per class.  This can be a pro or con, depending how you look at it.  The class is very diverse with ages, fields everyone came from, and experiences with patients.  This really helps the learning process as you are teaching your fellow classmates.   Feel free to private message me if you have any questions!  Good luck with your decisions ahead!!  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Could current students in this program tell me about the online course(s) that students complete two weeks before on-campus classes begin? Is it self-paced/complete on your own schedule or are you required to be "virtually in class" at specific times? If there is no formal schedule, is all work available at the beginning or is it released along the two-week timeline? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Archived