Community College vs University credits

Hello. I'll be finishing with a bachelor's degree in May 2016 and start PA schools application shortly after that. I was just wondering what you guys think about taking and dropping a class in the university( cause i was failing ) ...and tgen retaking it and have a B at a community college. Do you think that it'll be a problem? Tnks

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

You might want to check the pre-PA section for a lot more information on this topic.

Short version is, it probably depends on the program you're applying to and what the rest of your stats look like. If you've got a 3.9 GPA, 330 GRE and 20,000 hours of HCE, then I doubt anybody's going to care. If you're a more average applicant, it might come back to bite you. I've seen at least one program that specifically mentions going to CC to retake classes attempted at a university as a negative factor. Either way, you've already done it, so all you can do is apply and hope for the best. 

You might want to check the pre-PA section for a lot more information on this topic.

Short version is, it probably depends on the program you're applying to and what the rest of your stats look like. If you've got a 3.9 GPA, 330 GRE and 20,000 hours of HCE, then I doubt anybody's going to care. If you're a more average applicant, it might come back to bite you. I've seen at least one program that specifically mentions going to CC to retake classes attempted at a university as a negative factor. Either way, you've already done it, so all you can do is apply and hope for the best.

Ok. Tnk you very much for your response

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The concern some University have is that community college might not have the same rigor as University level course. There is some real evidence that this concern has some validity. Some PA programs specify they want University level training for basic science courses. In my opinion this is not unreasonable but I am not a fan of blocking out someone who might otherwise be an amazing candidate bc they needed to get a 3 credit abnormal psych course and already moved back home w/ parents. Meanwhile they majord in biocheck with a 3.7 gpa. It makes no sense to not consider this person a major candidate regardless of where those 3 credits came from.

Your story speaks to these concerns. Failed University ..... B comunity college. It seems to suggest you mght have a challenge managing a 20 credit heavy sience PA program course load for 12 months steady.  Be prepared to address that concern if the remainder of your application does not show HIGH science performance ina rigorous university schedule.

Archived