Supplemental - Answering "Why Us?" with "Large class size"?

There are more than 190 PA programs in the United States. Please describe why you want to attend our program? 

The class size of this PA program is larger than average, from what I understand. What do you think about explaining the fact that I'm attracted to the large class size?  

I know that a large class size is usually conveyed as a negative because you get less attention from the professor. But I came from a large, public university and I liked that it gave me more people to collaborate and share ideas with. I think this would be especially helpful in a PA program. 

Anyway, is this a reasonable answer? Of course, this would just be one of multiple reasons I mention.

If you really want to, mention it but I would think they are looking for more program specific answers like 'you focus on primary care, or you have international rotations, or your value of volunteerism is in line with my values' type of things.

I would mention how you like to collaborate and share ideas, and then flatter them that you had heard their program emphasizes that. Specifically mentioning class size feels weird to me, like it could backfire somehow. Like, "there are more seats so I had a better chance of getting in" maybe.

Archived